XLIV.

•───────•°•❀•°•───────•

Mirio, ignoring the scene right in front of us, quickly pushed us into the room. I tried my hardest to run away, but he had a tight grip on my shoulders. "Heyo, I brought those first-year dudes I mentioned yesterday!"

We kinda of just froze while Nighteye was staring us down... 'He wants to laugh right? We have to show him that--'

"I'm Izuku Midoriya!" I turn to Deku who has a stone-cold accurate impression of Allmight. I let out a small chuckle, it's just such a meme face that I can't help myself.

"What is this, boy? Are you ridiculing All Might?" Sir Nighteye growled.

"No!" Mirio mumbled under his breath. "He's not funny!"

"You're telling me, I'm his classmate--"

"Then you try making him laugh, Y/N" I pinched Mirio in the sides for even suggesting such an idea. Izuku and Sir Nighteye went back and forth in a mini argument--that turned into an hour-long debate about All Might.

"Who is this behind you who seemingly didn't speak up or at least attempt to make me laugh?"

I jumped at Sir Nighteye's question, "U-Ummmm, I'm F/N L/N. Izukus classmate and uhh, I think Eraserhead already spoke to you about my situation?"

"Interesting. You two want to do a work-study here because you think that doing so will make you stronger." Sir Nighteye slowly sat in his seat. Both Deku and I quickly rushed towards his desk.

"Yes, sir! Please let me!" Deku gleamed.

"We'd need to draw up a contract."

"Of course! Yes! I brought one."

"You will not interrupt me while I'm speaking to you."

"Sorry. Sir!"

"Once I stamp this document, you'll officially be contracted with my agency for a work-study."

We exclaimed together, "Yes, sir!"

"You have to understand that this will be nothing like the week-long internships that you students take on so casually. You must work here for a minimum of four months and will be paid wages. However, your academic responsibilities will likely suffer due to the absences you'll rack up. Which means your classmates will pull ahead of you."

"I understand that. But... If I worry about what everyone else is doing, I'll never be number one." Deku clenched his hand.

I agreed with him. "Izukus is right, we have to look towards our future and clench onto it. No matter how many sacrifices we have to make!" He hummed and raised his grapple. However, he completely missed the mark entirely. "Um. I think you missed it..."

"Because I am not approving this."

We exclaimed, "What?"

"I understand how working here would be beneficial to you. But what benefit would you bring to my agency? This office currently runs smoothly, with two sidekicks and one work-study student already under my employ. So why would I add you? Not one work-study student but now two more? How can you contribute to society? How can you be useful to others? To be acknowledged, you must be able to answer those questions unequivocally. All Might showed his worth by using power and humor. He gave hope to those who lived in fear of criminals. That's why the people were happy to acknowledge him." Sir Night Eye slowly stood, he towered over the two of us. "It's time to show me what you would bring to the table. Using actions, not words. Three minutes. You have three minutes to try and take this seal from me. If you want to work as a hero under my guidance, then stamp that contract yourself."