Chapter 1

Aero pressed the loaded gun against the back of the head of the man who was on his knees.

The man pleads through tears while shaking, "Please. I have a family, a wife."

Aero let out a bored sigh. There were no words on earth that were capable of making him care about his actions. He pulled the trigger of the gun, causing the man to jump. The man's eyes shut and he let out a cry, thinking that he had just lost his life. 

"You're lucky. You've survived another round," Aero said with no emotion on his face, the man letting out a large breath of relief.

The man on his knees shook profusely. He begged, "Just kill me already. Please just end this sick game."

Aero pulled the trigger again - the man once again surviving.

"I enjoy seeing people suffer. I enjoy being in charge," Aero said coldly. And it was true. There was no heart inside the chest of Aero Black. Killing was what kept his heart beating, and seeing people afraid of him was his oxygen. 

The man remained quiet this time, realizing his words had no effect on the assassin. The merciless man would never do something he thought would help somebody else. 

The trigger was pulled once again. But this time, the bullet went directly through the man's brain. He fell forward, getting drained of all of the life that was in his body just moments ago. His cries are no more. A pool of blood forms beneath his head, and Aero lowers his gun.

Aero stared down at him, content with his job. He knew the exact spots where people could and couldn't survive bullets. The man was dead, yet it sparked no emotions in the cold heart of Aero Black.

He walked away, slipping his gun back into his pocket. A vibration in his other one made him stop in his tracks. He pulled his work phone out of his pocket and placed it against his ear.

An unfamiliar voice spoke from the other end, "Assassin Black. What is your schedule looking like for tonight?"

"Depends on the price," Aero responded bluntly.

There was no line he wouldn't cross for money.

The man on the other end let out a noise of amusement. He asked, "Is it free for 1 million dollars?"

Aero's feet stop in their tracks.

"Perhaps it is."

"Great," the other person replies. "I need Hailey Romano killed - painfully. Make her suffer, and I'll raise it to 2 million."

Aero nodded his head, accepting the challenge without a second thought. He shut his phone, slipping it into his pocket. He walked out of the apartment with his head held high - knowing that he had shot every security camera on the way up.

He exited through the back door, his black car waiting for him just where he'd left it. He ignored the dead bodies of every worker he had killed on his way up. The bodies were everywhere, covered in blood, but they didn't even make him blink.

Death does not phase a man that thrives on it.

He drove away, heading back to his house. He wanted to get home fast, to change his clothes and gun before heading down to his younger brother's house.

Hailey Romano was not an unfamiliar name to Aero. Hailey is best friends with his younger brother, Reid. 

He knew how simple it would be to get Hailey there and kill her in cold blood. The thought of his brother hating him for it didn't even phase his stone heart.