Chapter 6

He kept his gun pointed at the door, even though there hadn't been any shots in a while. 

He was calm and collected, not scared in the slightest. He eventually stood up and took a few steps toward the door. He held his gun against his chest and looked out into the hallway. I watched him, a little worried that somebody could be out there that he didn't see. 

I quietly walked over to him, grabbing my phone off the ground on the way. He noticed me beside him and he swore under his breath. He aimed his gun as he took a few steps out, but he put his other hand up, telling me to stay in the room.

He looked in both directions with his gun, before walking over to the railing to see what was happening downstairs. He kept his gun pointed downstairs but turned his head and gestured for me to come.

I walked over to him, not wanting to look down in case any bodies were down there. He put one of his hands on my arm and whispered, "Don't be afraid."

We started to walk down the stairs and he kept his gun ready to shoot at any moment. To my surprise, there were no dead bodies. But there were marks of blood on the floor, letting me that people were shot. 

The sound of two people talking behind us made him quickly grab me and we entered the closest room possible. It was a closet, filled with nothing but cleaning supplies. He pressed his ear against the door, listening to the muffled conversation. 

He turned and whispered to me, "Stay here."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Where are you going?"

"Dealing with a problem. Stay here and don't make a noise," He ordered before leaving me alone.

I could hear his footsteps walk away, but then silence. The air felt heavy and I anxiously bit the inside of my lip. 

A E R O

I walked towards the sound of Dantes voice, my gun ready to shoot.

I saw him talking to Alessandros dad - the don. Alessandro always has me do his dirty work, but I guess his dad prefers Dante.

"When I asked you to kill him, I meant to sneak into his fucking house at night and shoot him in the head. Not at my fucking event!" The don yelled with an angry expression.

Dante replied, "I'm sorry. But he's dead and that's what counts, right?"

"No. You fucking ruined an important night for my son, now I can see why he never asks you to do anything. You've pissed me off, and now I can't allow you to live."

"Wait-"

Dantes plea was cut off by the don pulling his gun out and shooting him straight in the head. I wasn't surprised by this at all, and the sight of a man dying wasn't something unfamiliar to me. I took a few steps towards the don, letting myself be in his view now.

His eyes moved up to meet mine. I asked him, "Rough night?"

"I should've listened to Alessandro and hired you, Black. This guy was fucking pathetic." 

I nodded my head and took one step closer to him. I told him, "I'll gladly complete hits for you. As long as you'll answer something for me."

He waited for me to talk.

"What do you know about Malcolm Bernard?"

The don sighed, "He's new to our world. He helps transport drugs for people with a higher status than him. But he wants more than that, he wants as much power as me."

"Is his life of value to you?"

"No."

I nodded, "Good to know."