Chapter 5

MARCH 3RD

I looked through my closet, trying to find a dress that was 'classy.'

My dad said it was a classy event, and that my date would be dressed in a suit. There was a white one that I thought fit the occasion, and I paired it with a pair of white heels. 

I sprayed some perfume on myself before adding some lipstick, and then some concealer to my forehead where I got hit. 

My dad knocked on my door while opening it, "Hey sweetheart." 

I laughed a little, "Dad, there's no point in knocking if you're just going to do it while opening my door."

He grinned, "Sorry. I just wanted to come and tell you that your date is here."

I nodded my head, adjusting my dress one last time before leaving my room. I walked downstairs and saw a man standing at my front door. His skin was tanned, with dark brown hair and green eyes. He reached out to take my hand and introduced himself, "It's nice to meet you, Hailey. I'm Dante."

I allowed him to take my hand and he pressed a kiss against the top of it. I smiled at him, "Nice to meet you, Dante."

I gave my dad and mom a quick hug goodbye before leaving with Dante. His car was a sports car, and it was the same shade of green as his eyes. I could tell that it was an expensive car, and it made me curious as to what he does. 

He started to drive as he said, "You look beautiful, Hailey. I wish we could've met sooner but I've been busy with work lately."

Dante was sweet, but I can't exactly say that I was thrilled to meet him. But here I am, and I'm going to make the most of it. I shrugged, "It's okay, I understand. How old are you?"

"I'm 26. Your dad told me that you're 22, correct?"

"Yes, my birthday was earlier this year. I love having a birthday in January, it's so beautiful when it snows. When's your birthday?" 

"July. I like having a birthday in the summer," He said with a smile.

He drove us to the party and my jaw dropped at the building. It was huge, like three times the size of my house. We walked inside and I understood what my dad meant by 'classy.' It wasn't a party with people drinking and loud music and lights and girls crying over their exes in the corner - it was people in tuxes, trays of champagne being offered to people, and classical music playing. 

Dante asked me, "Do you drink?"

"A little," I shrugged.

He nodded and grabbed us both a glass of champagne off of one of the trays. I took a sip, pleasantly surprised by the taste. This tastes way better than that drink Aero was drinking at the last party I went to. 

He grabbed my hand and forced me to do a spin, making me laugh slightly. He said, "Tell me about yourself, Hailey."

"I'm in my third year of university, I hope to someday travel outside of New York and-"

"Dante Evans," A familiar voice spoke from behind me, cutting me off.

I turned and saw Aero, making me furrow my eyebrows. He said he had something today?

Dantes face lit up seeing Aero. His eyebrows raised and a smirk appeared on his face. He said to him, "Black. I didn't know I'd be seeing you here tonight."

"Business. What are you here for?" Aero asked Dante, not looking at me once.

I spoke up, "You two know each other?"