Chapter 32

MARCH 25TH

H A I L E Y

Christmas is in 9 months from today and my birthday is in 10 months from today. Not that either of those things matter, I'm just bored and waiting for my class to end.

Reid walked with me to class this morning but his lecture goes on longer than mine, so I'll have to walk back to his house alone.

The class ended and I instantly stood up, exiting the room. I didn't have any energy today to be social, I just want to lay in Reid's bed all day. After I wash his sheets because his annoying ass was eating chips in bed all night while laughing on his phone. It didn't surprise me that he then got an extra shot of espresso in his coffee. 

I stepped outside and the sun warmed my skin, there being no cold wind today. I smiled to myself slightly because of this but I stopped in my tracks and my smile slowly faded seeing Aero standing in front of me in casual clothes rather than business attire. My heart warmed seeing him but I didn't let my face show that.

Neither of us moved, and neither of us talked. We just looked at each other. 

I broke the silence and asked him, "What are you doing here, Aero?"

"I'm here to ask for you to come back to my house with me and hear me out," he said while grabbing one of my hands and stepping closer to me. The feeling of his hand alone was enough to provide me with this feeling of safety while I'm with him.

I stood there, not moving. I said quietly, "I don't know."

"Do you want me to get on my knees and beg? Because I fucking will, Hailey. It's only been a day and I miss you so much. Please come back to my house and let me explain," he asked with a soft expression, his voice pleading. I swallowed.

I took a deep breath. I hate how good he looks right now, and I hate how perfect my hand feels in his. I reluctantly nodded my head, "Okay."

He continued to hold onto my hand as we walked to his car. I remained silent during the drive, not wanting to talk about it in the car. We got to his house and I was a little surprised when we walked in and I saw that the door was already fixed and there wasn't a single body or drop of blood.

He guided me to his living room and we sat down beside each other, the air feeling a little heavy. I stared at him, waiting for him to start talking.

He explained, "I was ordered to do a hit, and I haven't done it yet. So the person who ordered it sent those people to hurt you as a warning to me."

"Why didn't you just tell me that?" I ask. "And why haven't you done the hit?"

He shrugged, "I just don't want to do the hit and I'm not going to. I'm gonna kill the person ordering me to do the hit. I didn't tell you because I was scared you'd get mad at me. I think I'm done doing hits Hailey, or at least I will be soon. I don't want to be an assassin, I just want to be with you."

His words hinting at being done being an assassin made me smile. 

"Please come back to me. I bought an apartment for us to live in until I kill the person. Please come with me," he whispered, his hand running through my hair. His mouth opened before he said his next words as if they were hard for him to confess. "I need you."

I stared at his eyes which had a warmth to them right now. His face looked worried, like he was scared to hear my answer. All I wanted was the truth from him, and the fact that he's going to be done with his world of crime makes me so happy.

"No more secrets?" I said to him.

A E R O

I didn't respond for a second. I already partially lied to her about what happened yesterday, and now I'd be lying to her again. I don't want to lie to her, I'm just so scared of losing her. But if she never finds out, then what's the harm? I'll kill them by the 31st, and she'll never have to know. If they're still alive after that day then I'll tell her because I'll be taking her out of the fucking country to be safe. I'll go with her to the smallest town on Earth, even if it has nothing because I only need her.