Chapter 29

MARCH 23RD

H A I L E Y

My professor canceled today's class, giving me the entire day with Aero. He asked if I wanted to go out and do something, but I just wanted to spend the day with him at home.

He said he had to read something over for work, so he's locked himself away in his office all morning. I took this time to hang the painting of us on the hallway wall and decorate around the house with some of the items that Aero got from my parents house.

I wanted to check on Reid, since him and Bruno weren't on good terms when I left his house yesterday. I sat on the couch and called him, and he answered after a few rings. 

"Reid! How are things going with Bruno?" I try and speak in a light-hearted tone.

He sighed, "I've texted him a few times today but he hasn't answered. If he doesn't answer me at all today, then I'm gonna go over to his house tomorrow after Aero and I hang out."

I had no idea what I was gonna do tomorrow while they were both gone. I guess eat all of Aeros snacks and watch movies in his bed until he comes back home. 

"I'm sure he'll answer you, don't worry," I tried to make him feel better.

"I hope so. I've gotta go to class, I'll talk to you later," he said before hanging up. 

I sighed, bored of waiting for Aero. I walked over to his office and knocked before entering, giving him a big smile. He quickly flipped a paper over and then moved his eyes to look at me. I asked him, "Almost done?"

"I can be done now," he said before standing up and walking over to me. "I'll finish this shit tomorrow."

"What is it?"

"Just trying to figure out if somebody did something or not."

I nodded before pressing a kiss against his lips. We went back into his bedroom and put a movie on, but the entire time all I could think about was how much I wanted popcorn. Aero seemed normal, laying and watching the movie in front of us. But I want popcorn. I kept glancing at him, seeing if he was gonna say anything. He asked me, "What the fuck are you doing?"

"I want popcorn."

"Okay, so why didn't you just say that? I would've fucking made it for you 30 minutes ago."

I shrugged, "I didn't wanna be annoying."

He grabbed me and pulled me into him, hugging me while I lay on top of him. As he gave me a squeeze he said, "You never annoy me."

He continued to hug me for a bit before kissing my forehead. He got up and walked to the kitchen, me following close behind him. He put a bag of popcorn in the microwave and a smile formed on my face. 

"I love you so much, Hailey," he randomly says. 

My heart warmed at his random sign of affection and I told him, "I love you too."

"We're going to get a chow chow one day," I told him. 

He formed one of his amazing smiles that makes my heart melt and replied, "I fucking hope so."

The microwave beeped and he took the bag out of the microwave, pouring it into one big bowl. I grabbed it excitedly, as if it were a present, and went back into his bedroom. We watched the movie and I ate the popcorn as his hands played with my hair the entire time.

Every now and then I'd turn to him and make him eat a piece. The movie was almost done when my phone started vibrating with a call from Reid. I pressed the decline button, wanting to see how the movie ends.