Chapter 15

MARCH 12TH

The second it hit 3 pm, I felt like a child on Christmas morning. Of course Aero didn't text me, so I just had to assume that he was waiting outside of the doors.

I exited and looked around for him, not being able to find him for a second. But the second I felt a hand on my shoulder, I knew it was him. I turned around with a smile and was shocked for a second. Aero usually only ever wears suits or 'professional' outfits, but today he was wearing black jeans with a navy blue sweatshirt. 

"Hungry?" He asked me.

I nodded my head, knowing that I just spent an hour listening to my stomach rumble. We started to exit the building and I saw Tomas going to enter it in front of us. I smiled and waved at him through the glass door. He saw me, but the second he did he turned back around and walked away, not entering. 

I furrowed my eyebrows and asked Aero, "What was that about?"

Aero just shrugged before opening the door for me. We walked to a restaurant only a few minutes away, and my mouth was watering the second we walked in. Aero made a reservation for us earlier today, so we could just sit instantly.

We sat and the waitress took our orders. While waiting for our food to come out I asked him, "How has your day been, Mr. Black?"

His tongue ran along his top lip, "Don't call me that."

"Why not?"

He leaned forwards and whispered, "Because it makes me hard and to you, I'm Aero."

My eyes widened. I nodded my head and corrected myself, "How has your day been, Aero?"

"Uneventful. I don't have anything to do for work until later tonight."

I asked, "What do you have to do?"

He hesitated for a moment before speaking, "Fire an employee."

I nodded my head. That must be awkward. How do you even fire somebody? What if they start crying? What if they just refuse to leave? 

After a while, our food was brought out. Aero got steak, but I got pasta. I'm going to need to be full for when I go help Reid set up later. He's probably going to have me there until 1am. I also needed to stop and buy him his birthday gift before.

We ate our food, and it was delicious. Aero asked me a few questions about my school while we ate, and I asked a few about his company. His answers were always very vague, but he'd always ask me something before I could ask him further questions.

When we were done, he paid and I felt bad. He's now bought me ice cream twice, a taxi, pizza, and pasta. My face lit up, thinking about how I could make things even with him. He still has the keychain I gave him on his keys, which inspired my next gift idea.

He walked back to my university with me. As we were walking he asked, "Does 9 or 10 work better for tomorrow?"

"9. If I'm late Reid will poison my drink."

He nodded his head as we approached the building. We stopped at the door and I turned to face him, "I'll see you tomorrow?"

He nodded his head before pulling me into a hug. I never took Aero Black as a hugger. His arms wrapped around me tightly and my heart swelled as I hugged him back. He hugged me for longer than I thought he would, before pulling away. He ran a quick hand through my hair while saying, "I'll see you tomorrow, Hailey."

He turned around and walked away, leaving me with a smile on my face. I walked back inside and went to my class, still being able to feel his arms around me, and hoping I could for the rest of my life.