Chapter 37

MARCH 28TH

I can't wait to start my break on the 31st. Seriously, this shit is so boring.

Aero's picking me up after and taking me back to the apartment so that I can get ready for the funeral. It feels odd attending someones funeral that I'd never met, but I'll still pay my respects anyway.

Once my class was dismissed it felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. My break can't come any sooner. 

As I exited my class I instantly spotted Aero who was waiting for me with his arms crossed and head leaning back against the wall. He lifted it once he heard the door open and a smile formed on his face seeing me. I walked over to him and placed a kiss against his cheek cheerfully, holding onto his arm as we started walking. I asked him, "Were you bored waiting?"

"I couldn't remember if you said your class finished at 11 or 12 so I showed up at 10:45 in case it was 11, but it wasn't. So I've been standing there for the past hour and 15 minutes," He sighed.

I laughed slightly. My phone rang in my pocket and I picked it up seeing it was Reid. He quickly said, "Hey! My amazing best friend, my platonic soulmate, just the bestest friend I've ever had-"

I cut him off, "I can tell you want something from me."

"Will you come get McDonald's with me?"

I smiled while shaking my head. I've never met anybody who eats more than Reid. I replied, "Wish I could, but I can't. I'm going to a funeral."

"Oh shit. Who died?"

I looked at Aero, since I had no idea what the guys name was. Aero was looking left with a pissed off expression, making me a little confused. I shrugged, "I don't know, actually. Here, we'll drop you something off since we're passing your house anyways."

"This is why you're the best, Hailey."

I rolled my eyes, "Mhm. See you soon idiot."

I ended the call and looked back at Aero, who was still looking in the same direction with the same expression. I looked to see what he was looking at, and I was surprised to see it was Tomas. I looked up at him and asked, "Why are you giving him a death glare?"

I guess Tomas could feel Aero's cold eyes on him because he turned and looked in our direction. He shifted uncomfortably seeing us, something I'd gotten used to. I was expecting him to scurry off in the opposition direction, but to my surprise, he walked over to us.

Well, I guess to Aero. His eyes stayed focused on him and never looked at me once. Tomas said, "Hey Aero. Haven't seen you in a while. How are things?"

Aero almost spat at him, "I've heard you've made my girl upset."

Tomas suddenly took a step back, the anger in Aeros tone being very noticeable. Tomas stuttered, "I-I didn't mean to make her upset."

I suddenly felt very uncomfortable. Tomas doesn't want to be my friend, and that's fine. I started to take a few steps forwards and tugged at Aeros arm, "It's fine, let's just go get Reids lunch."

Aero continued to stare at Tomas for a few moments before finally breaking eye contact and walking forwards with me. Once we were a good distance away from him I said, "Don't go into your assassin mode on him. If he doesn't want to be my friend, that's okay."

"I don't like when people make you upset."

I shrugged, "It's inevitable, I'm going to get upset sometimes and that's okay. Oh, by the way, I told Reid we'd drop him off McDonald's."

He nodded his head, "That's good actually, because I want to ask him if he wants to do something together in April before we move."

My heart felt sad thinking about having to tell Reid that I'm moving, even if it isn't extremely far away. I asked Aero, "Could you leave out the part about moving for now? I want to be the one to tell him, and I want to tell him in the right way. Telling him in his driveway while handing him McDonald's doesn't seem like the right way."