Chapter 11

MARCH 8TH

I woke up to a musky smell, and a warmth pressed against my cheek. I lifted my head up and looked around, almost jumping seeing Aero right beside me. 

Did I sleep on him all night?

The sun was coming through the windows, telling me that it was morning now. I rubbed my eyes and he asked, "How is it possible for somebody to sleep 10 hours?"

"I'm a university student," I shrugged, "Wait. How long have you been awake?"

He hesitated before answering, "Not long."

That made me feel better as I removed the blanket that he must've put on me after I fell asleep. I got up and walked over to his kitchen, desperately needing water. He followed close behind me and sat down on one of the kitchen chairs. I got him a glass too, sliding it over to him.

I didn't have class today, so I asked him, "Would you want to go downtown today?"

"I have some stuff to do today. For my....business," He responded, making me mentally frown.

"What do you have to do? Maybe I could help," I offered.

He shook his head slightly, "It's stuff I have to do on my own. I've got some technical stuff to do this morning and then later tonight I've got to go meet with a few people."

It made me a little sad hearing that he was going to be busy all day. I guess he could sense my disappointment since he said, "You gonna miss me, Hailey?"

I froze. No? Yes? A lot?

Thankfully the sound of his phone getting a call made it so that I didn't have to answer. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and his body tensed looking at his screen. I noticed his phone looked a little different and asked, "Is that a new phone?"

"What? Oh, no. It's the same phone," He said while quickly turning the phone off and putting it back in his pocket.

He said to me in an emotionless tone, "You need to leave."

I stared at him for a second, surprised. Eventually, I found my voice, "Oh, do you need to work now?"

"Yea."

I nodded, "Okay. Well, my car isn't here, so I'm going to need a ride home."

He pulled some cash out of his pocket and threw it onto the counter in front of me. I furrowed my eyebrows at it and he said, "Call a taxi. We'll be even."

My heart hurt a little that he seemed to want me to leave so badly. I just picked the cash up and said, "Okay, Aero."

His face softened at my words and he mumbled something under his breath. He stood up and walked over to me, "I'm sorry. This is just really important." 

I nodded, "It's okay, I understand."

"How about we go tomorrow?" He asked, making me have to repress a smile.

I let out a sigh before smiling up at him, "Okay. But text me before you come this time."

He smiled slightly, "We'll see."

I walked into Reid's house after taking a taxi, heading directly up to his room. I opened the door and saw him sleeping in his bed. This was my turn to get revenge for him throwing rocks at my window at 2 am.

I looked around his room for something to hit him with, but something better caught my attention. I unscrewed the lid to the half-full water bottle and poured a little bit onto his head.

He shot up and yelled, "What the fuck!"

"Good morning sunshine!" I said in an overly cheerful voice.

He stared at me with a pissed off expression, "I'm literally going to kill you."