Chapter 33

MARCH 26TH

Alessandro looked at me with a smirk, like he was amused by the fact that I was asking for his help. If this were anything else, I never would've asked for help. But this is for Hailey, so I'm swallowing my fucking pride.

"And what do I get out of helping you?" he asked me in an amused tone. It pissed me off. 

I leaned forward in my chair and stated, "I won't kill you."

"I'm the don now, Aero. You couldn't kill me unless you wanted to start a war that you could never win," he shrugged while leaning back in his chair. He speaks with a smirk that makes me fight back an eye roll. "But I'll help out of the kindness of my heart since I have a few hits I'll need you to do next month."

I won't be doing them, but he doesn't need to know that. The less he knows, the better.

I pulled the piece of paper with the number written on it out of my pocket and handed it to him, sliding it across the table, "Your father was looking into it and said that it was Vincent Romano, but I was a bit of an asshole to him so I suspect he might've been lying."

"My father never did like to be threatened," Alessandro shrugged.

I changed topics, "Hailey will be attending the funeral on the 28th so that I can keep an eye on her after what happened the other day. I think it would do you well to remind your men that she is off limits and I don't like to share."

He nodded, "Got it. My men will be on their best behavior."

He held his hand out for me to shake and I mentally rolled my eyes. I hate touching anybody that isn't Hailey. I shook his hand and left, needing to go and prepare for my date with Hailey later.

╚══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╝

H A I L E Y

"Reid motherfucking Black!" I yelled, swinging the door open to his house uninvited.

I stopped in my tracks seeing his dad sitting on the couch looking at me. I switched to a sweeter tone, "Oh. Hey Mr. Black."

"Hailey," he said with a smile, nodding his head once. He didn't react very much because that definitely wasn't the first time I had done that. 

I asked him while pointing, "Is Reid upstairs?"

He nodded his head and I quickly rushed up the stairs. I opened his door without knocking and he was sitting at his computer desk, playing a video game with a headset on so he couldn't hear me. I picked up a pillow and walked over to him, hitting him over the head with it.

He jumped and took his headset off, "Hailey you bitch! You made me die."

"Are you back with Bruno? What happened? Why'd you guys even break up? I swear if I don't have all my questions answered in the next 5 minutes I'm gonna explode," I said, taking a seat on his bed.

He turned in his spinny chair to look at me. 

"We aren't back together, he said he needed more time to think about it. We broke up because he thought that I wasn't spending enough time with him, basically. He said he needed some more time to think about it, so my strategy is to play video games to pass the days by until I get an answer," he explained, gesturing to his computer.

The red 'killed' screen was still on his computer so he quickly closed it and said, "They were hacking."

He got up and sat down beside me on the bed. He asked, "You and Aero make up?"

"Yea. We're going on a date tonight actually," I smiled.

I was so excited for our date. He said he was going to come back and pick me up at 5 after he finishes his meeting with Alessandro. That gives me a few hours to hang out with Reid, but I am not playing his video games again.