Chapter 22

Reid looked at him like he didn't believe him before starting to laugh. Aero and I both exchanged glances while Reid continued to laugh, I haven't heard him laugh this hard since he tripped me and made my iced coffee hit a girl he hated. 

"An assassin? Really?" he said while laughing. "Good one, Aero. Hey, you're starting to develop humor again."

Aero's face remained completely serious, making Reids laugh and smile slowly fade. He knitted his eyebrows together and asked, "Wait, are you serious?"

"Yes. I just killed the person who was shooting outside," he says extremely bluntly, which makes me widen my eyes at him and nudge his arm. He just shrugs as if it were no big deal, but I guess when it's been your life for years, you become desensitized to it. 

I asked him softly, "Who was it?"

"I have no idea, but Alessandro is the only person who knows where I live. I'm sure this was his doing, but I'm going to go and figure this shit out," Aero said while stroking my hair like it was supposed to calm him down. My scalp tingles at the feeling of his hands running through my hair. "Well, Tomas does too, but he's too cowardly to try something like this."

Reid piped up while shaking his head, "Wait - assassin? What the fuck?"

I placed my hand on Aeros and told him, "It's okay, you can go. I'll fill him in on everything."

He nodded and kissed me, holding me close to him. After a few moments of our lips moving, Reid awkwardly cleared his throat, making Aero pull away. He kissed me again one more time quickly before getting up to leave. 

Reid pushed himself off of the ground and dragged me up with him. He looked at the window with the mark from a bullet and said, "Yea. Fill me in."

I took a deep breath, grabbing him by his wrist and pulling him into the living room. I forced him to sit and I sat down beside him, "So. Aero has been an assassin since he was 21. He got involved in it because of another assassin named Alessandro, which was who he was just talking about."

"Why?" he asks. Right now just proves how much he loves his brother. Here he is, learning he's an assassin, but he doesn't run. He doesn't insult him. He just tries to understand. 

I just shrugged. I don't know why Aero kills people for a living. It always slips my mind, because he is always so kind and gentle around me. I don't know why he doesn't just stop or leave, but I'm also not in the mafia. I assume there's way more to it, and that it's not just that easy.

He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose, "Jesus. I had no idea."

I gave him a sympathetic look, knowing that it was a lot to hear. He lay down on the couch, staring up at the ceiling. I lay beside him and looked up also. He asked me, "Is he going to stop doing it?"

I'm silent for a moment.

"I hope so," I say quietly. 

╚══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╝

A E R O

I held my sniper rifle in my hands, with my AR-15 slung on my back.

I'm even more deadly when I'm pissed off.

I looked into the window of the living room on the main floor. Alessandro sat there alone, sipping on a glass of whiskey. His father wasn't in there, which didn't surprise me. I pressed the sniper rifle against the window, knowing that it would go through the bulletproof glass when fired.

I aimed at his head, my finger resting on the trigger. Knowing that Hailey could've gotten hurt breaks my heart and makes me incredibly pissed off. And Reid - my little brother. He shouldn't get hurt because of the life that I live. I kept it aimed at his head, matching all of his movements.