Chapter 20

MARCH 16TH

The second I opened my eyes, my first thought was that I should skip class. 

Aeros arms were wrapped around me and the warmth from his body felt like a blanket. I wanted to stay like this forever, but exams are coming up so I can't be missing classes. I untangled myself from his arms and grabbed some clothes out of my bag before changing into them.

I went into his kitchen and started to cut some fruit for breakfast. I made some for him also, although I was going to let him sleep for a little bit longer. I made two cups of coffee and placed them on the kitchen table, along with the fruit. Right as I did this, I heard Aero walking from his bedroom.

He still hadn't put a shirt on, just standing there in grey jogging pants and white socks. His black hair was messy, but my eyes fell to all of his tattoos.

He smirked at this, taking a few steps closer to me. He stared down at me and asked, his morning voice raspy, "Am I distracting you, Hailey?"

I cleared my throat and shook my head no, making him smile. I walked down and sat at the table, him joining me immediately after. He asked, "When will you be done class?"

"At 3," I told him, frowning at knowing I'll have to be gone for a few hours.

"I'll pick you up after."

I nodded, eating one of the strawberries in front of me. Only 3 more freaking days until Philadelphia. Aero booked a hotel somewhere, but he refused to show me pictures. He wants it to be a surprise. 

After eating I stood up to go take a shower. I stopped walking down the hallway when I could feel Aero walking behind me. I turned around and asked, "What are you doing?"

"I'm gonna shower with you."

I started to shake my head no, but he put his hand on my face to stop me. His eyebrows raised as he asked, "No?"

"Nope," I replied. My first class was starting soon and I knew that if we showered together, I would be late. No matter how much I wanted to.

"Hm," he said while grazing his fingers against my cheeks. "Why is your skin so hot?"

The smirk on his face told me that he already knew the answer. I took a deep breath before turning around and walking to the shower by myself. 

╚══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╝

A E R O

I knocked on the door with my left hand while adjusting the gun in my waistline with my right. 

I had just dropped Hailey off 20 minutes ago and I already fucking miss her. 

But I have some shit to do while she's at school. Most importantly, finding out who has the hit on her. 

Alessandro opened the door, a look of surprise on his face. It quickly switched to fear as he started rambling, "Black! Great to see you. Wasn't expecting you...what can I-"

I walked straight past him, entering his house. I can tell he's scared, probably because of his last interaction with Hailey. He probably thinks that I'm here to kill him. 

And I wish I was. But I'm not.

"Alessandro. Where is your father?"

When I turned around to face him, he looked surprised at my question. I didn't elaborate, but just continued to stand there with my arms crossed, waiting for him to answer me. 

"Um, he's upstairs. Why?"

I didn't answer his question. I walked up his staircase, glancing over my shoulder to make sure Alessandro wasn't following me. He wasn't and I noticed an open bedroom door. I could see the don laying on the bed with a pale face and IV hooked up to him.