Chapter 8

We walked around the art gallery, and I had to fight to keep my jaw from dropping. Every piece in here was so beautiful, and I hoped that one day I'd be able to paint this well.

"How often do you come here?" I asked him, admiring a nearby statue. 

He crossed his arms while looking at me and replied, "Few times a month."

I nodded my head, walking over to a painting. I asked him, "Are you going to be at Reid's birthday party next week?"

Reid's birthday was on the 13th. It would mean the world to him if Aero went, it would be a gift better than money could buy.

Aero shrugged, but I could tell that it meant no. I took a few steps toward him and told him softly, "It would mean the world to him. Seriously."

He kept his straight face, and I could tell he hadn't changed his mind. My voice raised an octave as I said, "Please?"

He just continued to stare at me. I thought he wasn't going to answer, but then he said, "I'll think about it."

I nodded my head, not wanting to push any further. We started walking deeper in and he asked me, "How are you feeling?"

I gave him a confused look and he said, "Reid told me about last night."

"Oh, yea. I'm okay. I carry pepper spray now," I said while patting my bag.

He raised his eyebrows, "What is pepper spray going to do against a gun?"

"I don't know. But I'm not carrying a gun around like a little psycho like you," I said with a smile. His face remained still, clearing not liking my joke as much as I did.

He let out a sigh, placing a hand on my lower back. A warm feeling happened in my stomach as he guided me towards a huge painting on the wall. He opened up to me, "This one is my favourite."

It was beautiful, more beautiful than anything that I could ever make. 

He said, "If the calculations are right in my head, it's about 400 years old."

"Well, if the calculations are right in my head, you're a little b-" My joke was cut off by his icy cold stare.

I ended my joke, "Great friend. With nice hair, and eyes."

His eyebrows raised and I wished I could hit myself at this moment. Where the hell did that come from?

I thought he was going to tell me off, but instead, he just smiled. It was a rare sight, but a beautiful one. He guided me to continue walking, and he showed me around some more. He knew a lot about everything, and I just stood and listened the entire time. 

"You know a lot about art," I observed.

He continued to stare at the painting directly in front of us. He said, "I like art because it's subjective. Everybody sees things differently."

He moved his eyes from the painting and he was now looking directly into mine, "And I like to think that I have an eye for beauty."

I gave him a smile, feeling happy that he was opening up to me. We continued to walk around and I tried to act like his hand on my back wasn't giving me butterflies. 

After a couple of hours we left. But for some reason, I wasn't ready for this to be over. I asked him, "Can it be my turn?"

He kept his eyes on the road, "Your turn for what?"

"You got to take me somewhere. Now I want to take you somewhere," I said, tapping my fingers against my legs.

His face looked serious as he said, "I don't think we should."