Chapter 21

MARCH 17TH

H A I L E Y

I held my face up to the sun, doing one spin as I did so. Right now it was so warm for March. I picked one of the lilacs out of Aeros garden and held it in my hands. I don't have class today, so we're going to go downtown until it's time for Reid to come for dinner. I smile just at the thought of them becoming closer.

I stood in the driveway, waiting for Aero. After a few minutes, he came outside and complained, "I can't find my fucking keys."

I smirked knowing that they were in my pocket.

I shrugged, "Look harder, Stevie Wonder."

He went back inside and I got into the drivers seat, turning on his car. I giggled to myself as I adjusted the seat to be closer to the steering wheel. He walked out of his house quickly after hearing the engine turn on, a confused look on his face.

I stuck my head out of the window and said, "Get in princess!"

He stood there with his arms crossed, giving me a 'really?' look. I stayed exactly where I sitting, neither of us moving. He was trying to out wait me, but I will sit here all day. He stared at me, not moving an inch. 

"I'll sit here all day, Aero."

"And I'll stand here all day."

I rolled my eyes, "I'm a good driver! Just get in."

He shook his head no. I threw my head back and sighed. I closed my eyes and said, "If I count to 10 and you aren't in this car, I am going to freak out."

I kept my eyes closed for 10 seconds and when I opened my eyes, he was still standing where he had been. I raised my eyebrows while saying, "Okay, I'm going to freak out now."

"You never started counting."

"I was counting in my head."

"Why didn't you count out loud?"

"Because I was counting in my head."

"Is it because you don't know how to count to 10?"

I put the car into drive, as if I were going to hit him, and he instantly started laughing with a huge smile on his face. He walked over and got into the passengers side before I could drive off without him. He said with a smile, "Still the same amount of annoying even now that we're dating."

I stuck my tongue out at him while starting to pull out of his driveway. I didn't really have anything specific planned for us to do, but we'll find something. I parked once we got downtown and looked at him before getting out, "See? I'm a good driver."

"Mhm," he said before placing a quick kiss on my lips. I don't even think he listened to what I had said, he just wanted to kiss me.

We got out and he walked over to me, taking my hand in his. The streets were full and the air was filled by the sound of people talking and cars honking.

Aero looked down at me with a little bit of concern after a gush of wind, "Are you cold?"

The warm weather was slowly becoming colder and colder. I shook my head and seeing an ice rink made my face light up. I instantly wiped the look off my face remembering I don't know how to skate. His eyebrows lowered as he asked, "What?"

"Nothing."

His eyes moved to where I had been looking before. An amused look formed on his face as he asked, "Do you know how to skate?"

He continued before I could answer, "It's okay if you can't. I won't make fun of you."

A smile formed on my face remembering the day we went swimming at the party. He gently tugged at my arm, "Come on. I'll teach you."