Chapter 19

MARCH 15TH

I lay in Reids bed, facing the wall. I slept like shit. 

I picked up my pillow and hit Reid in the face with it, making him wake up. I told him, "If you don't stop snoring, I'm going to kill you."

He grabbed my pillow and hit me in the face with it back, "If you wake me up one more time I'm stealing that 100 dollar bill in your wallet."

My eyes narrowed, "How do you know I have a 100 dollar bill?"

"I was gonna steal it, but then I remembered that we're friends."

I hit him with the pillow again, "Asshole?"

He started laughing and got out of bed. He walked over to his closet and pulled a sweatshirt out before quickly putting it on. I asked him. "Why are you getting ready? Aren't you and Aero not hanging out for a couple of hours?"

"I'm walking your ass to school," he replied like I was a child.

I sat up and went over to his closet, picking a sweater to borrow. I picked a white one and put it on over top of the t shirt I had been wearing. I told him, "You don't have to walk with me."

"Yes I do. What if another psycho with a gun comes up to you?"

I bit the inside of my mouth. Reid doesn't know about Aero and what he's involved with, and I can't decide what I think about it. On one hand, Aero is his brother and if I had a sibling I would definitely want to know if they were involved in something like that. But on the other hand, it's Aeros life and doesn't directly affect Reids life. Nothing changes for Reid whether he knows or not and it could be better for him to not know.

I shrugged, "Then I'll kick their ass."

He laughed, "With what muscle?"

I went to flex but held up both of my middle fingers instead. He rolled his eyes and grabbed my bag, slinging it over his back. 

We started walking and I asked him, "What are you and Aero doing later?"

"We're going downtown. Gonna shop, get something to eat. I'm so excited, we haven't done something like this in years," he smiled, beaming with excitement. 

"And how are you and Bruno?"

"Really good. We're going to Amsterdam in June once we have a break from school. I want Aero to meet him, but I think I should spend some time alone with him a few times first," Reid said, a genuine smile on his face. It made me so happy to see him so happy.

I was going to ask him some more questions when he cut me off, "Can you believe some asshole brought a gun to the upstairs party?"

That asshole was Aero. And Ricard. And...all of the rest of them.

"Crazy world we live in," I shrugged.

"Facts. The government is plotting something," A man with pink hair said to us that was passing us from the opposite direction.

We approached the university building and Reid asked, "Want me to walk you back home once you're done?"

"No, it's okay. Just go have fun with Aero!"

He smiled and gave me a hug before I walked inside. I sat down at my first class, taking notes the entire time. I finished class at 4pm today, so I just had to take notes and count down the time until I got to go home, which I'm actually dreading. I'm almost positive my dad will be home and I really don't want to argue with him again.

Not that I'm scared of him. I may not be the strongest ever, but I can be mean when I need to be. Malcolm, my dad. It's just going to be really awkward if he tries to talk to me.