Chapter 7

MARCH 5TH

A tapping noise pulled me out of my sleep, making me groan to myself. It was the middle of the night - and I could tell because my window was still dark.

I looked around, trying to see what the tapping noise was. A small rock hitting my window answered my question, and I rushed over to go and see who it was. Right as I looked out of my window another rock was thrown, making me jump.

I looked down and saw Reid in my backyard. He had a handful of rocks, enough to throw 100 more. I slid my window up and whispered out of my window, "Reid! What the hell are you doing?"

"I'm bored! Come hang out with me."

I asked, "Why didn't you just call me?"

"Because this was more fun. Now come down, I'll be waiting at your front door!" he said with a smile, walking out of the backyard. I rolled my eyes, I knew I had no choice but to go with him. 

I quickly changed my shorts to jeans but kept my sweater on. I grabbed my phone and looked at the time, 2:12 am.

He's lucky I don't have class early tomorrow.

I tip-toed down my stairs, careful to not wake my parents up. I successfully made it outside, shutting the door quietly behind me. Once I was a few steps away from my door, I said to him, "Why couldn't you just wait until the morning like a normal person?"

"Bitch, I'm bored and hungry. I wanted to go out to eat with you now, not in 7 hours," He said while getting into his car.

I laughed slightly while getting into his car. He pulled out of my driveway and as we drove he asked me, "That a new sweater?"

"What?" I said before looking down at what I was wearing. I hadn't even realized I was still wearing Aeros sweater. 

"Oh, yea," I responded after realizing, trying to sound casual. 

He pulled into the parking lot of a 24-hour diner. We entered and took a seat at one of the tables, the light burning my eyes that were used to the darkness. 

"How was your date with Bruno?" I asked after we ordered drinks.

He smiled widely, "Good. I think I'll be seeing him again soon."

"That's amazing!" I responded, feeling happy for him.

The waitress came over and we ordered our food. After she walked away, Reid asked me, "Do you have your eyes on anybody?"

I bit the inside of my lip, hating how Aero came into my mind. But Aero would never date me. I'm not an idiot, I can see how attractive he is. His eyes are ice blue, with the darkest black hair that I've ever seen. He has a bunch of tattoos and a tall, muscular figure. Aero Black is out of my league.

"No."

He nodded his head and filled me in on all of the details of his date. The waitress came over and placed our food down. I only got a plate of fries, my stomach still feeling full from my dinner.

Reid took a bite of his burger as I ate some of my fries. I reached my hand down to grab another when a hand suddenly took the one I was reaching for. I looked at who it was with a frown on my face, but I turned confused seeing a random man now sitting beside me.

"Hey, Hailey." The man spoke, staring at me with his green eyes.

Reid asked me from across the table, "You know this guy?"

"No," I responded truthfully. I looked the man up and down cautiously.

The man made a fake hurt expression, grabbing his chest with his hand, "Ouch. He doesn't talk about me?"

𝐀𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 ✔️On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara