Chapter 36

I stared at him and asked, "What?"

He anxiously tapped his finger against the table. He finally met my eyes and said, "Philadelphia." 

"What about Philadelphia?"

"Let's move there."

My eyes widened.  I knew that he was wanting for us to move out of New York, but I wasn't expecting him to already have a state in mind so soon.

He noticed my face and said, "Shit. Should I not have suggested there? I just thought that you loved it there but we could live anywhere else that you-"

I cut him off, "I did love Philadelphia, Aero. I just....I need to think about it for a while, okay? Moving out of the only place I've ever lived is something that I need to process for a while."

"I understand," he nodded. "Take all the time you need. It's just....the sooner the better. So we can look at houses, and stuff, you know?"

I reached across the table to put my hand over top of his, since he was still tapping his finger against the table and rambling his words. I told him softly, "Don't be nervous."

"I can't help it," he whispers while exhaling. 

My eyebrows lowered slightly, "What is making you so nervous?"

His mouth hangs open for a few moments before he speaks.

"The idea of anything bad happening to you because of me."

His worry was justified considering people have already tried to do something to me to get back at Aero. I know we have to move, but I want to make sure I'm moving somewhere that I will be happy. 

"Nothing is going to happen in 4 days," An idea popped into my head, "Here! I have an idea."

He stared at me with a gentle expression and smile, as if I was telling him the best news he has ever heard. I told him, "I'll give myself a deadline. By the end of the month on the 31st, I will tell you exactly where I want to move."

He stiffened when I said the 31st for a second. It's only 4 days, he'll be fine. 

He looked to the side for a few moments before meeting my eyes again. He smiled, "Okay. It can be anywhere, Hailey. Seriously, you could say North Korea and I'd say our flight is tomorrow."

I started laughing, leaning back in my seat. The worker walked up the stairs with our food, the smell making me so excited to eat it. They refilled our waters and put the food down before walking back down the stairs, and I instantly started eating my food.

Aero ate his too, but I ate at a much faster pace. He asked me, "Starting to feel better?"

I nodded my head and the corners of his mouth turned up. I continued to eat my food until it was all gone, my stomach feeling satisfied. As I took a sip of my water Aero asked, "What happened today?"

I sighed before speaking, "Tomas has been a dick to me lately, avoiding me, being short and rude with me. I tried to confront him about it and he was all like 'that's life' and 'don't ask questions you don't want the answers to.' Like what kind of answer is that?"

Aeros jaw tightened. He asked in a monotone voice, "Tomas made you upset?"

His eyes had a hint of anger to them so I switched to the next thing to keep Aero from wanting to kill Tomas, "And then Reid and I try to cook something and it sets on fire and he leaves me to try and put it out while he just watches."

His eyes widened slightly, "Fire?"

"Yes. And then I put it out because I'm awesome and Bruno shows up to talk to Reid and he's mad that I'm there as if Reid and I haven't been friends for years!"