Chapter Four

Y/n's POV

I was thinking my Christmas Eve was going to go a lot differently than it currently is. I woke up at the early time of 10:28am and rolled out of bed. I got a bowl of oatmeal because I'm half frozen all the time in my apartment and went to glance outside.

I wasn't expecting there to be a literal blizzard happening.

My eyes widened and I grabbed my phone to see what the hell was going on with mother nature. I went to the reliable source of Twitter and saw 'Christmas Eve Blizzard' trending #1 in the US. I clicked it and it brought me to many different tweets. I laughed at the memes people were creating, but I needed to know how long this thing is actually going to go on for. I found a helpful tweet and it said that it started this morning at around 2:30am. In the 8ish hours it's been happening, over a foot of snow has been dumped onto the streets of NYC.

"Jesus christ." I said to myself as I opened my blinds up a little more, letting my eyes adjust to the light. I could barely see anything other than the snow whipping around in the winds. But I was able to make out the street and how it was trying to get plowed by multiple trucks. The cars that were parked on the side of the road were completely snowed in and I knew today no one would be able to go anywhere.

I feel bad for anyone who had places to be and flights to catch.

I turned my TV on and went to the local news channel. They estimated that the snow storm would continue for a few more hours, and maybe into the early evening. They advised everyone to stay inside and there was no way in hell I would be going outside anyway. I felt Apollo jump onto the couch next to me and he laid down on the blanket. I smiled at him and just flipped through the channels, hoping to find something entertaining.

And I did. It was my lucky day because one channel was doing a whole Harry Potter movie marathon and I had a whole day to do nothing. Perfect. I saw it was going to start at 11am and I quickly ran to get my other blanket from my bedroom because I didn't want to move Apollo. I also put my now empty oatmeal bowl in the sink and grabbed some cookies I stole from Somi's place not too long ago.

11am rolled around and I made myself comfortable on the couch, ready to not move at all for the next few hours. I was happily eating my cookies during Sorcerer's Stone, but then a knock on my door interrupted my peacefulness.

"I swear to god, if it's you Nathan, I will not hesitate to kill you with a frying pan!" I yelled because he's the only person that would be stupid and knock on my door.

"It's me!" I heard Somi shout from the other side of the door. My eyes widened as I was not expecting her at all. I got up and hid the cookies in a cabinet before going over to open the door for her. I unlocked it and in came a snow covered Somi. I stared at her completely shocked because I knew she had to walk here. She had on snow pants, a giant ass coat, gloves, a hat, scarf, boots, a ski mask, literally everything and more. Also a backpack that was completely white from the snow.

"Welcome, abominable snowman." I said sarcastically to her as I closed the door behind her. I sighed as she just started to undress herself of her snow gear in the middle of the floor. Snow was getting everywhere and I glared at her as she just kept going. She felt my burning gaze on her and looked over at me, giving me an awkward smile,

"I'll clean it up."

"Damn right you will. Now, why the hell did you walk multiple blocks in a snowstorm to just come here?" I asked her as I walked over to make her a thing of hot chocolate.

"Well I knew you would be here alone and I would've just been in my apartment alone, so it'll be better together!" Somi said cheerfully as she went into the bathroom and grabbed a towel to clean up the now melted snow. I dumped the hot chocolate mix into our mugs and got everything ready for the idiot.