Chapter Forty-Eight

Rosé's POV

My anxiety is spiking seeing the icon for JFK airport on the small television screen attached to the seat in front of me. It's now December and we are arriving in NYC for our two shows in Madison Square Garden for our world tour. We did the Asia leg of the tour first, and New York is the first stop of the American tour. And we are also having a Vogue shoot because it'll help draw more attention to the world tour.

I know the staff is going to be on high alert when we land in the city, for obvious reasons. My leg was shaking and my foot kept tapping the floor as our destination got closer. There was no snow right now thankfully, so there was barely any turbulence on the flight.

After a few more hours of waiting, we landed in the states and I was terrified. I would be lying if I wasn't going to rush over to y/n's apartment and try to see her, but that's what is so terrifying. I don't know what I'd say to her. I don't know if I'll cry, yell, smile, or all the above when I see her in person.

When we were walking through the airport, it felt like there were more cameras being shoved into our faces than normal. That was shocking to me considering it was 9pm. I then rolled my eyes as I listened to paparazzi ask about y/n and I. Of course they want to know what happened after the statement that YG put out said we are 'just friends'.

The four of us climbed into one van and I was sitting next to Jennie in the furthest back seats as Lisa and Jisoo were in front of us. I could feel Jennie's eyes on me, so I looked over to her and waited for her to say something.

"You're going to try to see her, aren't you?" She whispered to me, making sure that no one could hear her.

"Of course I am. I need to know why she left me because she still loved me."

Loved me.

I hated how I had to use past tense because I don't know if she still loves me. Hell, she probably has already moved on from me and I might interrupt a fun night with a girl. But quite frankly, I don't give a fuck because I need to closure to move forward with my life. Which I hope will still include her, somehow, some way.

Jennie wasn't surprised with my response because I knew she knew I needed to see her. And she just gave me a small smile,

"I'll help you get out without the staff freaking out or knowing of your disappearance." I gave her a grateful smile as we made our way to the hotel. And YG being YG, we stayed in the exact same hotel as always, meaning I'd get a great view of fucking Central Park. I wouldn't see where y/n and I first met, but this stupid park has so many memories with her.

Lisa wanted the couple, Jennie and Jisoo, to room together, but they declined it. Jennie shot me a wink and I knew she told Jisoo about what I was going to do later on during our stay here. I can't do it tonight or tomorrow because the staff will be all over us, but after the two shows are done, that's when my chance will appear. There will be a day break in between after the final show and the photoshoot, so I'll go to y/n's right after the show to have a whole day to talk with her.

I unlocked the door to Jennie and I's room and our luggage and bags were already here. I claimed one of the beds and Jennie went straight to the shower as she always does after a flight. I sighed and rolled over onto my back as I just stared straight up at the ceiling. I ran our schedule through my head one more time and decided I would go over to y/n's apartment at midnight after our second show. The staff will be tired and not be as nosey with where we are.

Once Jennie was out of the bathroom, I went in and took a shower of my own. After that, I did my night routine and made sure I was ready for bed. I stepped out of the bathroom to see Jennie switching the channels to find something halfway decent. I laid down on my bed and watched her grumble to herself as she couldn't find anything.