Chapter Fourteen

Y/n's POV

Thankfully Aurora was extremely understanding about the whole thing and said whenever I get better, we can have our date then. I just barely slept through the night as I woke up multiple times to throw up. I actually ended up sleeping in the bathroom because I was too lazy to keep going back and forth since I didn't want to throw up in the trash can again. I was only woken up by my phone buzzing in my pocket. I fished around for it and put it on speaker,

"Hm?" I answered, my throat sore and voice not ready to work.

"Hey, just wanted to check up on you to see how you're doing." I heard Somi on the other line say.

"I feel like shit." I told her with my voice coming out hoarse.

"Yeah, you sound like shit. I'll head over to your place after like 4pm when some more staff comes in. Do you want anything when I arrive?"

"No, food sounds disgusting right now."

"Do you want a drink then?"

"I don't know, maybe juice or something?"

"I can do that for ya. Other than that, don't die. You can die after I'm there because I feel like it'll be more traumatizing if I see your dead body right as I walk in, ya know?" Somi explained to me as I cracked a small smile.

"I understand. Have fun at work." I told her simply as she said goodbye to me before hanging up. I then actually looked at the time and saw it was just past 9am. I sighed and then came to my senses as I felt just how sweaty my body was. I became uncomfortable with it and lugged myself off the tile floor and turned on the shower, stripping myself of my clothes. I turned on a random playlist and took a shower which was actually very refreshing for me.

I got out and walked to my room, changing into sweats and a crewneck. I then got some medicine and took it before climbing into bed, hoping to god that I can get some sleep before Somi gets here. I smiled softly as Apollo joined me on my bed, positioning himself on the pillow beside me. I put my sleep playlist on quietly and set an alarm for 3pm, so I should get about 5 hours of sleep in. But we'll see if that actually ends up happening.

"Sleep tight, Apollo." I mumbled as I got comfortable in bed, my eyes slowly growing heavier as I drifted off to sleep.

"Okay, but what if she says no to me asking her to be my girlfriend?" I asked Somi as my hands were clammy and all sweaty. She just rolled her eyes at me and slapped my arm,

"You dumbass, she's going to say yes to you! Why the hell would she not say yes?" I opened my mouth to speak, but she didn't allow me, "forget I asked that because I know you're going to start listing off everything about yourself."

My mind kept raving about finally asking her to be my girlfriend. We've been on multiple dates and they have gone extremely well, but I'm still scared. She can change her mind easily and there's nothing I can do to stop that.

"I'm scared I'll end up getting hurt again." I told Somi softly as I shifted my weight around on my feet. I moved my gaze to the ground and heard her sigh at me. I watched as she took a step towards me and rested her hands on my shoulders,

"Y/n, everything is going to be fine. I know you're scared about her breaking your heart in the end, and I'm also scared about that. But you'll never know how happy you can become with her, so give her your heart for now."

I took her words in, realizing that she's right. I slowly nodded my head in acceptance and she smiled brightly at me, giving my shoulders a light squeeze. I laughed at her and she told me to get everything ready in my apartment because she's going to be coming over in about two hours. Somi left me alone with Apollo as I made sure everything in my apartment was spotless.