Chapter Nine

Rosie's POV

"What if y/n sees us on TV and recognizes me?" I asked Jennie as she sat next to me in the van. We had just landed in NYC and we were on the way to our hotel, which coincidentally was the same one I stayed at only a little over a week ago. And tomorrow we have rehearsals before the actual performance, bringing in the new year. Jennie groaned out again after hearing me worry about the whole situation again,

"You said she doesn't know who you are, so she might not even recognize it's you! Everything will be fine." I bit my lip anxiously and looked out the window, watching as the buildings passed by. Lisa and Jisoo were goofing off behind us and I just tried to focus on something else other than my fears and anxiety.

The van soon pulled up in front of the hotel and there were a bunch of blinks waiting outside for us; cameras ready and albums wanting signed. I grabbed my YSL bag and fixed my hair a bit before Jennie opened her door and climbed out first. I quickly followed after her, shooting blinks a few smiles and waves.

We were all in the lobby and we all filed into the elevator, heading up to the floor that the company rented out completely. I took a deep breath to calm myself down, not only just from thinking about y/n, but from seeing blinks. I still get nervous around them sometimes because I need to be perfect around them.

The doors opened and we went to our rooms. For this trip, I was rooming with Lisa this time, so I know she'll be able to make me laugh and put me at ease. She tried 4 times to get the key to work for our room and then banged her head on it in frustration. I laughed and snatched the key from her hand, easily doing it in one try. I smirked at her as I looked over my shoulder, walking into the familiar looking room. Lisa rolled her eyes at me,

"You've had practice before, don't give yourself that much credit."

"And how many hotels have we been to? I think you also have a lot of practice." I counted as she just huffed out and our manager came over with our bigger bags. We thanked him and the two of us were finally left alone in the hotel room. I walked over and opened the blinds, seeing the same sight of Central Park, but this time there was no girl wearing a blue beanie; just people going about their day as the roads and paths were fully cleared.

"So who do you think is going to fall on that patch of ice?" Lisa asked me as she stood next to me, pointing to a patch of ice on the path a good ways away. I thought for a moment and scanned the people around it. I then pointed,

"That person with the white Timbs and black puffer jacket." She nodded her head in approval,

"I get it since she's on her phone and obviously not paying attention." Lisa then bet on a man that was running, her reasoning being that he would be going too fast and not be able to get a sturdy footing. We both waited in anticipation for who would fall and the man got to the ice first, putting both of us on edge.

But the man easily ran over the ice like it wasn't even there.

"Are you kidding me?!" Lisa shouted, annoyed at what she had just witnessed.

"Shut up, the girl is getting to the ice!" She quickly gathered herself and we were both leaning forward, our faces practically against the glass.

The girl unexpectedly stepped onto the ice and her left foot slid out from underneath her, resulting in her falling onto the path. I jumped around the room, cheering as I won the stupid bet we did. Lisa was yelling angrily in Thai and I was laughing at her because she's a sore loser. I am too though, so I can't blame her that much.

"I say you have to pay for room service tonight." I said to her as that was what I wanted as my prize. She flipped face down onto the bed, upset at what I had told her. I rolled my eyes fondly at her and flipped her over by her shoulders,