Chapter Fifteen

Rosie's POV

I've been watching another movie while y/n sleeps because I don't want her to miss any episodes from 'New Girl'. My fingers were still playing with her hair, twirling a few strands around. I made sure I never tugged too hard because I didn't want to wake her. But I'm going to have to wake her soon because I want her to try some of the snacks I had bought. She's been sleeping for over 3 hours and I think it's time.

In order to wake her up without startling her, I brushed my fingers against her cheek bone, gently whispering for her to wake up. She groaned a little and then turned her head towards me. My eyes went wide as her face was now against my stomach and an arm was loosely wrapped around my waist. I felt my face on fire and I froze up, not wanting to move.

"Y/n, you got to wake up." I said again, actually fanning my face because I do not need her to see me in such a flustered state.

"Mm, no." She responded, her eyes fluttering open a little. Y/n blinked a few times to adjust to the light, then I watched as they went wide with fear. She abruptly shot up from my lap and flinched a little at the sudden movement. Y/n avoided eye contact with me and she rubbed the back of her neck,

"Sorry." She mumbled, completely embarrassed that we were in that position. It was cute seeing her blush, so I smiled at her and shook my head,

"It's fine y/n, don't even worry about it. But I woke you up because I want you to try some more food and also take medicine." I told her as she nodded her head, repositioning herself so she was comfortably upright. I got up and took a deep breath when I was facing away from her., walking over to get a few snacks.

When I texted Somi I was in town, she told me to get y/n juice and all sorts of snacks that were her favorite. I made sure I got the ones that wouldn't upset her stomach or anything, so I picked up a few small containers and went back over to the couch. Y/n glanced over at me and smiled softly at the food I had in my hands.

"Thank you, Rosie. I truly mean it, you being here has made me happy." She said to me, her eyes bright which was a lovely change from her dull ones earlier.

"It's no problem, you don't have to thank me for anything. I wanted to be here." I told her truthfully. She then furrowed her eyebrows at me,

"When do you have to do work stuff?"

Shit.

My mind scrambled to come up with some sort of excuse that could make sense. The lie came out of my mouth so easily,

"I just decided to come a couple days early because I hate when jet lag affects my work."

"That makes sense. Sorry you have to spend it with a person who keeps throwing up from bad takeout food Somi ordered." Y/n joked with me as she took a small bag of chips out of my grasp. She opened it and also told me I could eat any of the snacks I had bought for her. I declined, saying this stuff was for her, but she was very persistent. So I ended up eating a few things as I turned on 'New Girl' once more to continue our binging of it.

I felt my phone start to buzz though, telling me someone was calling. Y/n went to pause the show, but I told her to just keep watching as I was way past the first season. I then went over into the kitchen and answered the phone, seeing it was Lisa calling me,

"Hey Lis." I answered normally as I heard something fall in the background on the other line.

"Uh, hey Rosie. Ya know how we had nothing scheduled for this week? Yeah, that's changed." Lisa said to me as I wanted to punch something after hearing that.

"When do I have to come back?" I asked her as I was already fed up that my time with y/n will be cut short once again.

"... tomorrow."