Chapter Thirty-Two

Y/n's POV

I felt poking on my face, waking me up from my slumber. I cracked an eye open and saw Evelyn staring back at me with a wide smile. I gave her a tired one in return,

"Hey Evelyn, what's up?"

"I want to spend today with you." She said as I rubbed my eyes and nodded my head.

"Okay, we can do that. What time is it?"

"It's 9am." She answered simply as I let out a yawn. I gave her a thumbs up as I sat up on Somi's bed, making sure I didn't wake her.

"I'll get ready and then we can leave at 9:30, doesn't that sound good? Then we can do whatever you'd like." I told her as she nodded her head enthusiastically. I chuckled as she left the room, a spring evident in her step. I stretched my arms and grabbed some clothes to get changed into. I had some black jeans and a white shirt with a thrifted letterman's jacket.

I got ready and left the bathroom to see Evelyn all ready sitting on the couch, waiting patiently. I smiled and ruffled her hair a tiny bit as I snuck up behind her,

"Alright mini demon, let's go on an adventure!" I said as she fixed her hair and shouted a goodbye to her parents. They had given her some money and I also had my card, so we'll be fine.

She started talking about school and how her grades are good. I'm proud of her because she takes her grades seriously unlike her older sister that I've had to deal with for years. We were walking around the streets and she pulled me into a small café where she said she wanted breakfast.

We sat ourselves and looked over the menus that were sitting at the table. At this place, you just go up to the counter and order, so we had all the time in the world to decide what we wanted. I scanned over the menu and saw a skillet breakfast that looked delicious. Evelyn decided what she wanted and she told me she'll just order for us. I handed her my card and off she went to place our order. She's a very independent 13 year old, but I'm glad she has that sense of independence already.

"They said it'll be ready in about 15 minutes." She said as she sat down across from me.

"Alright, so what do you want to do for 15 minutes?" I asked her as she thought for a moment.

"I spy?" I laughed,

"Okay, you go first since you suggested the game." I watched as her eyes scanned our surroundings, taking in all the different colors. One thing about this café was that it was colorful, so there's a lot of options to choose from.

"I spy something green." I immediately started guessing everything in sight that was green. From different potted plants to someone's shoe laces. But alas, I gave up because I swear I guessed everything green in this damn place, including everything outside. She pointed behind herself,

"That lady with the black hat; her necklace has a green charm on it." I scoffed at her,

"You're annoying, just like your sister." She gasped,

"Don't compare me to such an animal!" I laughed at how she had described Somi. I heard Evelyn's name get called and we both got up to get our order. I sent the woman behind the counter a grateful smile as the two of us headed back to our table. My mouth was watering at the sight and smell of my breakfast. I dug right in and melted at the taste of this fucking delicious thing. Evelyn was happy with hers and she asked me about my job and how that's been going.

"It's been really nice. All the other photographers and models are super cool. I'm friends with all of them, so working doesn't feel like working a lot."

"Somi said you were dating one." I sighed,

"Yeah, I took one girl out on many dates and she took me on some. But we agreed to stay friends in the end."