Chapter Forty-Two

Y/n's POV

Today is Saturday and I finally get to see Rosie and kiss her, hug her, and just love her all I want. She's coming over here at the ungodly time of 6am so we can sleep a bit together. So here I am up at 5:45am ready to open that door for her.

But yesterday at work wasn't too bad actually. Everyone was shocked at what Aurora did, but they moved past it and that's all I wanted. They all still love me and they do want to meet Rosie one day. But that's just a tiny problem because she's Rosé. That's another bridge we'll cross one day with my friends meeting her.

I yawned for what felt like the millionth time as I struggled to stay awake. I was busy all of yesterday, so I really needed sleep.

But I need Rosie more.

I slumped down at the kitchen table and rested my head on my hands. My eyes were drooping closed, but a knock on my door snapped me right out of it. I pushed my chair back and it made quite an ugly sound scraping against the floor, but I didn't care. I rushed to the door and flung it open with a huge smile. I didn't even get time to see her face as I was having to catch her since she launched herself at me.

The widest smile was on my face and before I got wrapped up in the moment, I grabbed her bag that was out in the hall and quickly brought it inside. I closed the door and finally melted into her embrace. Her legs were wrapped around my waist and her face was buried into my neck. I held her tightly and peppered kisses on the side of her head. I even got teary eyed because the overwhelming feelings of finally being reunited with her poured out of me. I spun her around and she giggled into my body,

"I missed you more than you could ever imagine." I told her with my sleepy and emotional voice. She pulled her face out of the crook of my neck and looked me in the eyes. She gasped a little seeing as my eyes shined with tears. I gave her a tearful chuckle as she spoke up concerned,

"Why are you crying?" She asked me in a whisper as she wiped away a tear that escaped my eye. I looked deeply into her beautiful brown eyes,

"Like I said, I missed you so much." Now it was her turn to get emotional as she sensed how much I truly did miss her. Tears formed into her eyes and fell down her gorgeous face. I brought one of my hands up to wipe them away as we just continued to look into each other's eyes as we both pathetically cried.

"We are pathetic, ya know?" I whispered to her as she nodded her head,

"I know, and I don't care." Her eyes drifted down to my lips and I subconsciously licked them in anticipation for her to kiss me. I watched as her eyes met mine quickly before I gave her a stupid smile, telling her that I want her to kiss me so badly. And that's what she did.

And this first kiss that we have shared in basically 2 months was the most magical thing. Our lips easily remembered how to move perfectly with one another. The faint taste of strawberry chapstick still apparent on her addictive lips. My heart skipped a beat or two and I couldn't be happier than right now.

I finally had my girl back in my arms.

Her fingers danced along the back of my neck as I lowered my one hand back down; placing it gently on the small of her back. The kiss wasn't super needy or heated, it was one full of the love that we so desperately wanted to give the other person over this span of time.

But our moment was interrupted by a small meow from beside us on the floor.

I didn't want the kiss to end, but Rosie had other ideas. She pulled back much to my dismay and smiled happily down to Apollo, who was sitting patiently looking up at the both of us.

"Apollo! My favorite orange cat!" My girlfriend said as she wiggled out of my embrace, making me drop her gently onto her feet. I watched as she crouched down to his level and he trotted over to her, meowing as she pet him softly. Rosie giggled adorably and soon Apollo rolled onto his back, showing off his stomach to her.