Chapter Ten

Rosie's POV

She's right there.

I'm frozen as I'm looking right into the eyes of the girl that has been constantly on my mind for the past who knows how long. I blinked before tearing my gaze away from her absolutely shocked one. I didn't even know what to do after that and I almost missed my lines. I sang what I needed to do and Lisa gave me a look of slight concern. I subtly nudged my head in y/n's direction and mouthed 'blue' to her.

Her eyes scanned the crowd quickly and they widened a little and I knew she found y/n. Her eyes went back and forth between me and her, just out of pure shock. Jisoo and Jennie soon caught on and with our final song 'Lovesick Girls', we stood right at the edge of the stage, interacting more with our freezing blinks. But I couldn't help myself and I kept glancing over at y/n.

I then noticed Somi standing next to her, jaw dropped and eyes comedically wide. Neither of them moved or anything during the rest of our performance. We said our goodbyes to the crowd and walked off stage to Ryan, getting ready to bring in the new year.

Jennie shuffled over to my side and leaned in towards my ear,

"That was y/n, right?" I nodded my head as I just stared blankly in front of me. There were honestly too many thoughts rushing through my mind.

"Everything is messed up." I told her as I looked over at her, her worried eyes meeting mine. She shook her head,

"No, nothing is messed up. I know she'll understand. You just need to tell her everything." I felt my lip quiver a little,

"But what if she doesn't want to have anything to do with me now?" Jisoo now rushed over to me and held both sides of my face,

"Hey, no being sad and depressed right now because the cameras are coming. And I agree with Jennie, talk to her." I nodded my head and sucked it up, putting on a fake smile and the cameras soon came whipping around towards us. Ryan asked us questions and we all answered; Jennie and I smiled proudly at Jisoo as she answered in English.

The countdown was at 2 minutes and I felt Lisa's hands on my shoulders, trying to stop them from being so tense. I relaxed them a little and shot her a thankful smile, the final minute of 2021 being counted down. The four of us linked arms and shouted along with the countdown, the final ten seconds were next.

"10...9...8...7," we all counted loudly, and I caught a glimpse of blue out of the corner of my eye. My eyes snapped over to the blue beanie and black haired Somi trying to... leave.

"6...5...4...3...2...1... HAPPY NEW YEAR!!" Everyone shouted as confetti shot out and cheers erupted from the people in Time Square. I put on a happy façade and hugged my members. Our heads lightly pressed against one another's,

"I hope this year is one to remember for all of us." Jisoo declared as we pulled back. Thankfully the cameras were gone and I immediately ran to the railing, overlooking the crowd below. Blinks shouted at me and I politely waved, but I wasn't paying much attention to them, as bad as that sounds. I saw the pair had gotten pretty far, over by another barricade by security. I knew there was no way I would be able to go after them because that would bring too much attention. Hell, people are already probably talking about how I froze up and acted a little off.

Our managers called out for us and they said we would be going back to the hotel now because we needed to get a little sleep before going back to the airport at 8am. I sighed and Lisa grabbed ahold of my hand gently as she tugged me along. We weaved through everyone and there were multiple security guards escorting the four of us.

I had my mask on and gave people eye smiles, not actually smiling underneath. The van doors were opened by the staff and we all climbed in, silence taking over as the girls knew I wasn't doing well. I was in the back row, leaning my head against the cool window, watching a few pieces of confetti randomly float about. The windows though were a little fogged up because the inside of the car was warm, so I held my finger up to the glass and drew a small heart.