Chapter 7 - Indi

As I trained that day, all I could think of was Leah. Of what she was going through with Jordan. I felt this undeniable connection with her, and I didn't know what it was. Did she feel it too?

"You want to come tonight?" Sam asked me, as I sat with her after training. We were untying our shoes, and chatting as per usual.

"Come to what?" I asked her.

"I am meeting up with some of the Arsenal girls tonight."

"Oh, like who?"

"Caitlin, Lia, India and Jill. Aussie girls and co," Sam added on.

"Wouldn't that be kinda weird? I'd be sixth wheeling."

"Bring Leah," Sam said, "didn't she stay with you last night?" Earlier, I gave Sam a brief run down about what happened last night. Nothing about Leah's personal life, but only that she stayed with me.

"Yeah, I'll text her."

Ettie: do you want to come out with me and sam tonight. I think some of your arsenal team mates will be there too.

Leah: yeah they were just telling me about it and asking if i should invite you

Ettie: perfect! Wanna go?

Leah: sounds like a plan

"She said yes," I said to Sam, "Where's it going to be?"

"I think we're just going to my apartment and I got the drinks."

"Good job!" I said to her, laughing.

"Just be there around six," Sam then said.

"Sounds good."

As I got home, I waited for Leah to arrive. My training started earlier than hers and thus it finished earlier, whereas hers started later and finished later. She walked through the doors around an hour after I arrived home, and she looked frazzled.

"You okay?" I asked her from the couch.

"Yeah, it just was rough."

"Why?"

"She wanted to talk, but I just didn't. I just need my own space, you know?"

"Yeah I understand. Well, tonight will be a good way to take your mind off it all," I said to her.

"Yes it will!" She laughed back, and smiled at me.

We soon got ready, and we were off to Sam's.

"I'm going to be meeting so many people," I said to Leah, as we were in the car.

"Really?" She asked me.

"Yeah, I mean, I met Caitlin when I was with Hayley, but I have never properly met Jill Roord, besides when I played against her, or Lia Walti, and this will be the first time I lay my eyes on India Harrison."

"Well, Indi is a gem, so you'll love her. She and Jill have this undisclosed thing. I think they quite like each other."

"Oh, a little romance brewing?"

"Yeah, I mean, they haven't confirmed anything, but they got very close, very quick."

"That's cute."

We then arrived at Sam's apartment and went up to her place. We knocked on the door, and India Harrison opened it.

"Hey guys!" She said kindly, as she opened the door and reached out to Leah giving her a hug. "You must be Ettie! It's so great to be finally meeting one of the Walsh sisters properly!" She embraced me in a sweet hug, and then ushered us both in. She was very different to how I imagined her. She was lovely, kind, young and very pretty. "Sam!" India called out, "Leah and Ettie are here!"