Chapter 55 - Champions League Final

Keira and Lucy came down to London before the final of the Champions League. When they arrived, I felt relieved having my sister there, with me. Keira always brings a level of peace to my mind. She settles me. Having a family member who understands what you do is something I will never take for granted.

"We're here!" Keira called out, as she was unlocking my front door and walking in. I got off the couch, very quickly, and ran over to my twin. I hugged her tight, tighter than I ever had before.

"I've missed you," I whispered into her ear.

"Is everything okay?" She asked, concerned. I nodded my head, not wanting to tell her about the weird feelings I had been having in my heart. I wanted to believe that they were nothing. If I did tell my doctor or Emma or even Leah, there would be a chance that I would miss out on the World Cup roster, and I was not going to let that happen. Not when I had gotten this close.

"Yeah, I've just missed you," I said again.

"Hey Lee," Keira called out, walking further into my apartment. Leah was sitting on the couch, and the two best friends hugged.

"Hi," I said to Lucy, giving her a hug also.

"Champions League final? Very impressive Ett," Lucy said to me, as she walked inside.

"Well, you've had your fair share of those so it isn't too impressive," I replied, laughing.

"So, only one game left in the season before we head to the World Cup," Keira said, as we sat around the table eating dinner.

"If we get selected," I replied, looking down at my food. Selection is always a scary process, and fills me with a lot of nerves.

"Of course you will get selected," Lucy retorted, "don't be daft."

"Can never be too confident," I replied.

"Ett," Leah said, looking at me, "don't worry about that." She gave me a soft smile, instilling me with confidence. Since Leah is captain, she does already know what Sarina is thinking regarding selections, but she can't officially tell me anything. Sometimes I try to get things out of her, jokingly, but she never budges.

We sat at the table, chatting for what seemed like hours. I loved being with Keira, Lucy and Leah. It was a core group in my life that brought me love and kindness. They always knew how to make me smile, and they were my people.

"So," Keira started to say, "you two are going up against each other tomorrow. How do you feel?" I looked at Leah, then back down at my food. I wasn't sure how to feel. Obviously, I wanted to win. There was no denying that. But at the same time, I wanted Leah too. She deserves a big win like the Champions League.

"Um," Leah started to reply, "I think we both know that we'll be devastated if one of us loses, but it's part of the game, and one team has to lose."

"That's a very practical way to think of it," Keira replied.

"How else should we go about it Kie?" I asked, slightly aggressively.

"Jeez, Ett, I didn't mean to push any buttons," Keira answered. As sisters, its normal to argue. It's normal to bicker. Being twins definitely doesn't mean we get on 24/7, but since our six month hiatus, our arguments have decreased a lot. We both realised that we needed each other, and there was no point fighting that.

"Sorry," I replied, "I didn't mean it like that. I'm just nervous about tomorrow." Leah grabbed my hand under the table, squeezing it slightly.

"Don't be nervous," Leah said, "in the end, it's just a game." But it wasn't just a game. It was the final of the Champions League. It was the biggest prize in domestic football. I wanted to win, again. Getting the double would be a dream. But I knew, winning was also Leah's dream, and I'd never want to stay in the way of that.