Chapter 58 - White Lies

"This is going to the group match to watch," the tv presenter said on the television.

"Agreed! We have two of the best teams in the world, up against each other. It's England versus Sweden. England have been in a league of their own recently. They have star players, such as Juliette Walsh, Lucy Bronze, Fran Kirby, and young gun Lauren Hemp."

"What do you make of this match up?" One tv presenter asked the other.

"I'm most excited to see how Swedish Captain, Magdalena Eriksson, shuts down England's formidable attack, but then also how the English full backs, Juliette Walsh and Lucy Bronze, who are arguably England's best players, shut down the Swedish midfield."

"What have you made of the two English Full Backs so far in this tournament?"

"I would definitely say they have been England's best threat. They score, they defend, they assist, there is nothing that Lucy Bronze and Juliette Walsh can't do."

"Turn it off," I said to Georgia, who was sitting on her hotel bed.

"Why? They are literally praising you like a god right now."

"George, turn it off!" Georgia quickly shut off the tv and stared back at me.

"Is everything okay?" She asked.

"Yeah, I just didn't want to hear that."

"Wasn't like they were saying anything bad," Georgia answered.

"It's just not good preparation," I replied, "anyways, are you ready to go?" I was standing at the door, waiting for Georgia so we could head downstairs to the rest of the team.

"Yeah, let's go."

We headed downstairs, and the rest of the team was in the lobby, waiting for us.

"What took you guys so long?" Keira asked, "We've been waiting for 10 minutes."

"Georgia was taking her time," I answered, laughing.

"Nope, I was waiting for Ett!"

"You good?" Leah asked, as we got on the bus.

"Yeah," I replied, "there's just been a lot of media around this game."

"Are you nervous?"

"Slightly," I chuckled.

"You'll be great, don't worry." I hadn't realised, before Georgia had it on the news, that the media was getting so involved with the tournament. I hadn't recognised that I was, in a sense, at the forefront of that, for England. It's hard knowing a lot of pressure is on you. It's not a feeling I particularly enjoy. I know it's good pressure, I can't deny that. Being recognised as one of England's strongest players, should be a compliment. But it's difficult knowing I am not playing at my best, even though I try to deny it.

"I was talking to Sarina," Leah said to me, as we sat on the bus.

"About?"

"You." Shit.

"What about me?" I questioned.

"She asked me about your 12 months," Leah replied.

"Yeah, I figured that conversation was going to come up."

"How are you feeling? Have you spoken to your doctor?"

"After the tournament I will," I answered, "she's going to run some tests and let me know if everything is going okay."

"But surely you have some sort of idea if you're okay." I looked at Leah and saw her worried eyes.

"I think everything's going to be fine," I answered, reassuringly.