Chapter 54 - Speaking Out

"I can't believe we actually did that," Bradie said. Sam, Bradie and I were sitting in a coffee shop in London, debriefing what had just occurred.

"Neither," I replied, "I never thought I would actually do that."

"I'm proud of us," Sam said, "I'm sure we have done more good than we will ever comprehend."

"As soon as the article was released, hundreds more were published. It's crazy how fast it all spread," I said to them both.

"I've gained more followers," Bradie added, showing us her instagram, "it's now at 500k."

"Damn," Sam said, "me too."

"Yeah same."

"People really are behind us," Bradie said, "Why did I think they wouldn't be?"

"I guess," I started to say, "we're always made to believe that we need to be silent, but now, now is the time where our voice has power. Power that it has never had before. Power to change the world."

Sam soon left London to go back to America, to continue her preseason. We decided to stay in contact, with us three now being deemed as the advocates for abuse. I didn't like how that was phrased, however. 'Advocates for abuse.' We shouldn't have to be those people. We shouldn't have to advocate for anything. But we did, and we knew we weren't going to let it happen again.

It was Leah's birthday at the end of March, and I knew I wanted to do something special for her. When we woke up, I kissed her on the cheek.

"Happy birthday," I said to her, "you're the ripe old age of 26!"

"Don't remind me," she replied, wrapping her arms around me, "I want to stay 25 forever."

"Well, too bad. You're now 26 and this year, it's going to be your best." She looked at me, and smiled.

"Our best," she corrected me, "it's going to be our best."

I decided to do something for her birthday, I was going to post. People, at this point, knew Leah and I were together. The pictures from after the Cup game pretty much cemented any rumours that surrounded Leah and my status. I chose a few pictures of us. The first was a mirror selfie I had taken. We were sitting on the floor, and Leah was kissing my head as I smiled at the camera. The next was the picture I had taken of Leah at Devils Dyke, where she was smiling cutely at the camera. The third was from after my Continental Cup game, where we had asked Kristie to snap a photo of us. I was looking fairly gross, after just playing over 120 minutes of football, but it was a sweet picture, and I loved it anyways. The last was a selfie I had taken on a random tuesday. We were eating spaghetti and Leah had sauce all around her mouth. She looked exceptionally cute.

Ettiewalsh7: happy birthday to my girl. thank you for putting up with me and my weird antics :) i love you @leahwilliamsonn

Leahwilliamsonn: i love you more ett <3

Keirawalsh: you two are just the absolute cutest

Samanthakerr20: naww hbd @leahwilliamsonn

Indiharrison: making my heart melt!

Greiten: i just love you guys! Omg

We spent the day together, and I made her her favourite foods. A ham sandwich for lunch and pasta for tea. Leah is a very boring eater, but it was her birthday and I knew she'd want to eat her favourites.

When I checked my instagram later that night, my account was going crazy. Under the picture, I had multiple different commenters.

Walshisonisreal: omg, we got a birthday post. Im so happy

It's Our Secretजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें