Chapter 18 - Ribbons

Our game against Everton was coming up, and we were all just excited to get on the pitch again. I love being out there. It is the one place where I feel free, without the pressures.

"I'll be in the stands," Leah said, smiling, as I was about to walk out the front door.
"I'll find you." I went over, kissed her softly, before leaving the house for Sam to pick me up.

"Leah's car is still there?" Sam asked me, as I hopped into hers.
"Yeah, well, she's moved in." Sam looked at me, confused. "Well, it's supposed to be under wraps, but her and Jordan broke up a little while ago, so she needed a place." This, although true, was the cover I decided to tell most people, including Sam. Her break up with Jordan has been very quiet. "You can't tell anyone!" I said to her, seriously.
"Yeah, of course."

We arrived at Kingsmeadow and went to play. Playing Everton only reminds me of Hayley. Hayley Raso. Hayley and I, despite going through a lot during our relationship, are somehow civil. Last time we versed her, she was exactly how I remembered her - loving and kind. It was going to be weird playing against her, with Leah in the stands. Leah and me. Hayley and me. Situations that crossed over too many times in the past.

As we got out onto the field, I saw Hayley lining up, her iconic ribbon tied in her hair. She saw me and smiled, and I smiled back. When I look back at our relationship, I remember why I loved her. Her kind spirit, generous heart and cute Aussie accent melted me from the start. That's why I fell for her, before. But now, it is hard to look past everything that went wrong. Everything that fucked it up.

The game went well, and we won 3-0. Goals from Pernille, Fran and Melanie sealed our win, and although I was upset for Hayley, 3 points on the board is always a good feeling. I went over to Hayley, and gave her a hug, wanting to be civil.
"You played great," I said to her, smiling.
"Thanks," she replied, her accent still fitting so well with my own.
"I'll see you around?" I asked.
"Of course." I smiled at her once more and 
gave her one last hug, before going over to the stands.

I saw Leah in the crowd, hiding out in the back, after I had done most of my post match interviews. I was standing next to Ssam, who also saw her.

"Is Leah here?" Sam asked me, surprised.
"Yeah, she came to watch."
"Etts..." she was about to say, before I interrupted her.
"Sam, don't even start with your detective skills. There is nothing to detect." I said this lie so convincingly that I nearly believed it, until I realised that there was a lot hidden under the surface. I had learnt how to lie when I was a teenager. My lies are told with elements of truth so as to make no one suspect a thing. I used this technique quite a lot before. Sometimes an attribute and other times a detriment.
I walked over to Leah, and gave her a huge hug.
"Played great," she said to me, smiling.
"Why thank you," I replied to her.
"Although, I think my CB spot is fairly safe," she added, joking.
"Hm, not sure, I reckon I could give you a run for your money."
I leant up again, snuggling my head into her shoulder. Although, I quickly stopped when I realised there were still a lot of people in the crowd.

"Want me to wait around to take you home?" Leah asked, as I needed to go back to my team before we were able to go home.
"Um, yes please. Thank you!" I walked over to my team, but not before Sam gave me a look. I ignored it, and packed up my Chelsea gear. Emma then quickly debriefed the game, and then we were allowed to leave.

I went out to the car, and hopped in. I was about to lean over to give her a kiss, before I realised that anyone could see us and then our secret wouldn't be so secret anymore.

As I arrived home, I liked all the posts the girls had uploaded on their instagrams and thought about posting myself. But as I looked through all the pictures, all I saw were pictures of me that made me feel gross. My body, my size, my everything. I hated it.

Sam has uploaded a photo of her and Fran after they had scored, them being the dynamic duo of "Kerr-by."

Samanthakerr20: love me some good goals

Ettiewalsh7: looking fresh sammy!!

Frankirby: goalssss

Kmewis19: did ya score?

Sam and Kristie had started to comment on each other's photos, after Sam had told me they were officially together, after Kristie's secret trip to London. I was happy for them, truly. Sam's aura had completely turned, and now, she was a livelier person, and maybe Kristie had something to do with that.

I also was tagged in a post by a fan account. It was a photo of Leah and I hugging after the match as the first picture, and the second was of me hugging Hayley after we played.

Preathxjindi: now this was interesting. Ettie played against hayley on the weekend. They are apparently civil but tbh who actually knows anything at this point. BUT what we did see, in the stands, was the one and the only Miss Leah Wiliamson. An Arsenal player watching a Chelsea game?? So unexpected. We all know Ettie and Leah are apparently Besties, but 1) what about Keira 2) what about Jordan? I mean, I think Jordan and Leah are still together, has anyone heard anything? Could any of us imagine Ettie and Leah? What would their ship name be? Lettie? Walshison? Wilsh? Leash? No good options tbh. I might go with Walshison and flag it now. #walshison

Wobbsfanpage: i mean, i hope wobbs is still together. I think ettie n leah are just really good friends.

Arsenalxchelseawfc: i reckon leah and jordan broke up, cause they haven't posted anything in agesss

Walshsisters11: itd be kinda weird for ettie n leah to get together, cause leah is keira's best friend. Is sister code a thing?

When I saw that comment, I did have to agree. Am I breaking sister code? That's why I have to be sure that Leah and I could work, before I confirm anything. Anything at all.

Note:
- I love how passionate all you guys are and how you are just as invested as I am!! It's so cute! Reading the comments is so fun!
- I hope u guys r liking it