Chapter 11: Outburst

....
Aang was lost in a trace as he looked at Avatar Roku's statue. Katara brought him out of it by lightly shaking his shoulder.

"Are you okay?" She inquired, and Aang nodded.

"This is Avatar Roku," he suddenly mumbled. He knew the name without me even seeing anything.

But I quit paying attention to them and looked around the room some more. The place was filled with Avatar statues, and only that engraving hidden well within the shadows stood out as something different.

By how it was written and the shaky carving, it was done by a well-made knife. But the writing was done sloppily, meaning that he was in a hurry. Almost as if he had entered this room without permission and then hurriedly done this while other Air Nomads were chasing him.

[By identifying the writing you have been able to deduce the most likely scenario]

[+1 Intelligence]

[<Observation> Skill has leveled up]

Oh? I didn't even use Observation, because it said that this was a normal rock with carved writing in it. Seems like active skills can be leveled up like this without even using them.

Suddenly a humming noise brought me out of my thoughts. Aang and Katara too seemed protruded by it and hid behind the statues, on the other hand, I looked at them like they were fools.

"Sokka! Hide!" Katara murmured harshly at me.

But I just shrugged and moved to greet the newcomer. "Yo there, my name is Sokka."

I saw Momo look at me weirdly and tilt its head. Aang and Katara were still hidden, though they were perhaps intimidated by the shadow the flying lemur cast.

Momo made some cute noises and flew on my shoulder. I nodded. "Yes, we will be best buddies forever, right?"

[You have got a new skill: Animal Training]

I ignored the notification and scraped Momo's chin. "Aren't you just the cutest guy there is~"

He purred in my hand and licked my finger. Yeah, he looked like a cat and I was sold. We are taking this little guy on the journey.

"A flying lemur!" Aang yelled out in excitement, scaring off Momo. The little guy attempted to fly off, but I caught him by the nape of his neck and held him up, away from Aang's clutches.

"You already have Appa, I get this little guy. He will be my fierce hunting partner," I claimed as if it was a fact already.

Aang appeared bewildered. "But flying lemur's don't eat meat."

Ah... that kinda ruined my adventure plans with Momo. But true friendship can endure such hurdles, and when he got on my shoulder, I and Momo were already like long-lost brothers.

I will give my life for this little guy... okay that was a bit of an overstatement. But Momo and I were best friends already.

The flying lemur looked at me and jumped into Aang's head, looking at his reflection on the bald, reflective surface.

"His name is Leviathan the 3rd," I announced, full of confidence.

"What?" Katara was perturbed by the name. I could recognize the disgust on her face. "That's a long name, how about Levi, that is easier to say, and cuter too."

"Oh? Then how about I call you Kat?" I grumbled. "No, the name stays as Leviathan the 3rd."

"I am okay with you calling me Kat."