Chapter 63 - Promise to Myself

A/N: Chapters in advance in Patreòn
Pa treon.com/HolyJoker
(20+ chapters in advance)
______

Chapter 63 - Promise to Myself

***
Having only three uses left in his [Teleportation Boots], Sokka contemplated running away. But abandoned those thoughts as soon as they came to mind. He didn't want an enemy like the Spirit of Fate scheming behind his back. 

If he didn't finish the old man off right now, Sokka knew it could lead to his death. That was something he wouldn't allow. While he understood that one day he might be killed by some stronger being, he still doesn't want to die due to making a wrong move. He would have no one else but himself to blame if that happened.

"Even now I can feel it," said the old man, looking at his arms, which were now just two bleeding stumps. "Fate is moving in your favor. Even my river of fate is moving to your advantage. Just being close to you causes others' fate to move in a way that would deliver a good outcome for you. What a ridiculous thing, it's as if the world lived for you… as if you were the chosen one."

What defines a Hero? Or more correctly, someone who is chosen by the world? Was it talent? Power? No, it was Luck… having Luck was the most important thing that would bring power and talent with it. 

The old man was having an existential crisis, he could understand more than Sokka what this meant. Everyone was the main character of their own story, but if Sokka came into your life, then he was the main character of your story too.

"My existence, being twisted to suit you… this is disgusting!" Yelled out the old man, as his kind eyes shined red with malice, turning blood-like color, as the dark energy around him was amplified a dozen times.

Sokka was thrown away the mountain top just from the shockwaves of the energy.

Baam!!

He smashed into the ground, painfully, as a crater was made around him, but his eyes stayed glued to the old man. He could sense the air around him turning malicious. Sokka felt like his skin was being pricked by needles. "I don't understand exactly what you are talking about. But Luck will always be on my side, old man. Even in your own story, you will become the villain and I the hero."

Sokka said that to aggravate the old man even more. A strong enemy wasn't as dangerous as a smart one. He would rather fight the old man when he had more power than having self-consciousness and thinking clearly during the fight.

Fwish!

Within an instant, the old man had closed the distance between them. Sokka hadn't even had enough time to get up, much less dodge the attack. 

But now, unlike before, his [Sense Danger] skill warned him of the attack. 

BOOOOOM!!!

A large dust cloud covered the area, as the ground crumbled upon itself like paper. The old man's leg had sunk knee-deep into the rock, and his arms had regenerated. Though the new hands were covered in a shadowy, dark, mist.

Sokka on the other hand had dodged the attack by tilting his body just by a hair's breadth out of the attack. Though he was still hit by the shockwave, he had used that to move away. 

Now he understood why initially [Sense Danger] hadn't worked. Because the old man initially didn't have any intentions of directly harming him. Even during spars, Sokka hadn't encountered something like that. But now he knew that the [Sense Danger] skill had a weakness.