Chapter 66 - Look Underneath

A/N: Chapters in advance in Patreòn
Pa treon.com/HolyJoker
(20+ chapters in advance)
______

Chapter 66 - Look Underneath

***
Sokka and Yue spend a lot of time talking with each other, and it doesn't take long for a group of other girls to gather around the table. He was telling them stories of his adventures with the Avatar that were somewhat true. But he was using his [Acting] skill to great impressions and showing how the scenes played out. That drew deep emotions from them.

Katara observed from the sidelines, narrowing her gaze suspiciously. In her eyes, Sokka already had a girlfriend, Suki, and now he seemed to be playing around with other girls. 

Others might not notice, but the way he looked at Yue, touched her hand and smiled at her. Everything pointed towards him wanting to be with the Northern Water Tribe's princess.

Katara didn't approve of such behavior, feeling sorry for Suki, but there isn't anything she can do about it. With a regretful sigh, she goes back to looking at the waterbending performers. This way, she could at least learn something.

Yue was having the night of her life as she laughed and smiled more than she had ever done in her life. Sokka's exaggerated stories seemed to have a sense of anxiousness and comedy about them, as he described the dangerous events during their journey.

"So I looked Zhao in the eye and trembled in fear. His gaze shakes as he looks at the ground. The commander has fallen just like that, not long after, many Fire Nation soldiers followed up."

Sokka's story was interrupted, as Hahn, Yue's betrothed, walked up to them with a furious look in his eyes. 

'Yue never looks or laughs at me like that! This Southern savage comes here and tries to seduce my future wife in front of me?!' Hahn put a hand on Sokka's shoulder as he was sitting down. "Hey, I think this is enough for tonight. Yue is my betrothed."

"It's not finalized yet," Yue intervened, looking at Sokka as if she had to explain something to him. 

Hahn felt his heart burn with an icy fury, anyone would be able to tell that Yue had a crush on Sokka already. 'This bitch! We are betrothed and she immediately goes for another man as soon as the opportunity shows itself!'

Sokka got up, brushing Hahn's hand that was on his shoulder to the side. He then smiled and put his hand on Hahn's shoulder. "Hey now, there is no need to be angry. I and Yue are just friends. 
Are you insecure enough that she can't even hang out with some friends?"

That was the excuse any cheating spouse would use on their partner. 

Sokka held his smile and didn't show any sign of aggression, but he didn't show fear either. Hahn knew that if he provoked the man in front of him, then his opponent wouldn't be afraid of a fight. 

***
-Sokka POV-

Hahn, Hahn, Hahn~ poor guy. I was about to get his betrothed and there wasn't anything he could do about it. This was related to feelings, not something that could be changed so easily.

Yue might have been okay with marrying him before. As it was expected of her. But feelings changed as time passed. Most marriages that ended in divorce, started with love. People that divorced thought that they had met their soulmate initially. Life wasn't all roses, sadly.

Love wasn't some eternal magical feeling, either. Things get monotone, even in a loving marriage, someone might be pushed to cheat just to spice things up a little.