Chapter 38

If you want to support me. Chapters in advance in Patreòn
Pa treon.com/HolyJoker
(20+ chapters in advance)
________

***
-Katara POV-

It felt like my brother had become a different person. By now, a couple of days had passed since the time we were at Avatar Roku's Temple.

We stopped in a town, and my heart beat anxiously as I stared at my brother as he bought the necessary things we would need for our journey. For the first time, back when that gray-skinned woman touched his forehead. I thought he was going to die, something that I never thought about before.

Knowing that someone will die and truly understanding what it means are different things. 

Aang had said that Sozin's Comet was coming soon so he had to rush and try to master all four of the elements faster than any Avatar had done before him.

Sokka, like always, seemed unworried, but I and Aang were on edge. I offered to teach him waterbending and he surpassed me in days. Normally I might have been a little jealous, but right now my main concern was my brother.

Why was he acting like nothing had happened even when he saw a decapitated head? 

'It was just two evil people killing each other.'

That was his nonchalant response. Or maybe he was prepared for this?

Unlike me and Aang, maybe Sokka had anticipated something like this happening. It wouldn't be surprising, as I knew Sokka was smarter than anyone else I have ever met.

Even though he always did quirky and strange things, like looking at the space in front of him as if something was there or how he even touches the empty air.

That was the least weird amongst the things he did.

As we walked through the marketplace, many thoughts went through my head. I noticed my brother holding two bags of supplies without much difficulty. "Katara, I saw that you had some difficulty with waterbending."

I could hear the mocking tone in his voice and knew he did it intentionally. But by now I had gotten used to it and-

"Honestly, it's kinda embarrassing just how bad you still are at waterbending."

Water came out of my pouch and a whip of liquid formed, trying to hit the back of his stupid empty, brainless skull.

Fwish!

But like always, as if he had eyes on the back of his head, Sokka tilted to the side and dodged the attack completely.

"Of course, that's why your dear brother has a good solution to it," he took out a scroll from his pocket. Opening it revealed waterbending moves and sequences along with it.

"Have I ever told you that you are my favorite brother!" I yelled out excitedly and hugged him. This was the closest thing I would get close to having a genuine waterbending teacher. 

"Favorite? I am your only brother," he muttered, but didn't do anything annoying and just handed the scroll over to me. Looking at it, I noticed by the ink that it was newly made. 

Wait. Was there some waterbender around these parts?! They would be able to teach me if that was the case. "Where did you get this?"

"I made it myself, obviously," Sokka shrugged as if what I asked was supposed to be common knowledge. 

If you are going to lie, at least make it believable. 

I didn't voice out my disagreements about what he said since I was in a good mood. Plus Sokka would overplay it and make an argument out of nothing. Ugh… he always did that, arguing with him is like punching a porcupine rabbit, just not worth it, no matter how angry you are.