Chapter 99

Chapters in advance in Patreòn
Pa treon.com/HolyJoker
(20+ chapters in advance)

***
Ozai getting married?

Sokka felt a chill run down his spine as countless bad scenarios played in his head. He crushed such fear as soon as it came and calmed down.

All of it happened so fast, that to June it seemed like he did not react at all.

‘Why is that bastard getting remarried? Does he want a new child? Has he already lost hope in Azula?’

Sokka needed to turn the situation around and knew that a third child being born within the royal family of the Fire Nation would mess up the plans he had worked so hard for. Every small detail calculated, everything he is doing, the time spent, in the end, it would be for nothing. 

‘Do I have to go and assassinate the Fire Lord by my own hands? Even though that would ruin everything and make the situation extremely unfavorable for me. It might be another Northern Water Tribe situation where someone more competent takes over. At least then it had some benefit as the knowledge of the Ocean and Moon spirits disappeared with Zhao.’

If everything went down the drain like this, then he should have killed the Fire Lord from the beginning by sneaking into the palace and teleporting out.

Of course, that would likely develop into an anarchic civil war, with the Fire Nation possibly self-destructing and the Earth Kingdom turning into the attackers. Sokka didn't want to end up in a hydra situation, kill one leader and two anarchists will take its place. 

In the modern world, he came from, the chance of something like anarchy was almost ludicrous and unthought-of in strong nations. But in a world like this, many people were hungry for power.

The modern world might not be perfect, but it has opportunities and encourages less bloodshed. Of course, that also kept ambitious people from needing to spill a river of blood to get to their goals.

Ambitious people could make it up the chain the regular way and become the leader of their country. The highest authority of power, sure they might have to get their hands dirty a couple times. But in the end, it was a means to a goal. In this world though, or essentially in a medieval world with King and Queens, you have to take matters into your hand. 

For one person's ambitions, thousands, no, tens of thousands or more would die. The world could turn upside down and drown in blood, but that will be nothing in the eyes of someone ambitious.

'Even the Gamer Interface is kinda shit when compared to human ambition. No, this thing was probably created by human ambition too. I need to finish things up here before Ozai gets a successor. I have even less time than I had planned.'

Sokka noticed June looking at him weirdly, as if waiting for him to say something or have some kind of reaction, so he smiled reassuringly. "Don't worry, I will help you either way. Though I might add, this information isn't that useful."

She frowned, opening her mouth to say something, but no words came out. In the end, she sighed and nodded in agreement. Deciding to hold in, something. "Sure, as long as you help me. I don't care what your intentions are."

"I am an honest guy," Sokka said with an innocent gaze in his eyes. June stared at him, even knowing what kind of guy he was, it seemed like she was tricked by his compelling act for a second. But she soon came to her senses, shaking her head and concentrating on the situation at hand. 

June narrowed her eyes, showing clear suspicion, and not bothering to hide it. This was a signal to Sokka, show him that she wasn’t stupid, and knew of his games "That's not what an honest guy would say. Also, I know that the information I gave you is valuable, stop trying to scam me."