Chapter 62 - Tides of Fate

A/N: Chapters in advance in Patreòn
Pa treon.com/HolyJoker
(20+ chapters in advance)
______

Chapter 62 - Tides of Fate

***
Looking down, Sokka felt as if molten lava was spreading through his body. Was it the curse? Such a strange sensation, he never felt before. Even as the pain was being canceled by [Gamer's Body] it reignited instantly again due to the curse.

"You know, fate and luck are things that have balance. For every good thing that happens to a person, an equally bad thing must happen too. That's how things stay in balance." said the old man, his white beard made him seem like a gentle and grandfatherly figure. But his actions told a different story.

Sokka tried moving his body, but it was stuck in place as if the space around him was locked. He sighed, seeing that there was no way to get out. With that in mind, he decided to at least get some information. "Why are you even after me, old man? I have no enmity with you or anyone that would want to kill me."

His voice sounded innocent as if he truly didn't know why he was attacked. That made the old man frown. Was it right to kill someone who tilts the world's balance without meaning to? This was the age-old dilemma, whether you should kill one person to save two. With no other choice on the matter, most people would choose to save the two guys. But what if those guys were criminals? They were serial killers?

Even then, was it right for you to choose someone else's life or death? 

Many questions like that rattled the old spirit's brains. He contemplated how things could go, or what will become of it. Would letting Sokka go be a good option.

Sokka on the other hand was trapped, he tried tugging but there was no chance of movement. Luck could help during situations like this, but with a 0% chance, there was nothing even Luck could interfere with. There was no way Sokka could play the situation to his advantage. 

He wanted to teleport away, but clicking his boots together was impossible too due to being unable to move. Still, since he wouldn't want to fight someone without having information. "Hey, old man, how about you let me go? I have never done bad things in my life. I never even killed someone."

Sokka's felt his heart come up to his throat as he said the last part. Because it wasn't the truth at all. Normally he would have never said something like that. Because it wouldn't be hard to guess that the old man had been observing him. Still, Sokka trusted in one thing… that was his Luck.

Planning for when you are too successful in something. Sokka had been caught off guard when during the time of Zhao's blockade the people seemed to listen to his words so clearly. Following as if he was their saintly savior.

That time he had been unprepared, but now, he was fully prepared to try his Luck. Test if the old man had been observing him at a bad time. Just like when the Evil Lady was taken by surprise with his bending not knowing initially, Sokka did something he never liked doing. He took a gamble.

The old man's frown accentuated his wrinkles even more. "...." he stood silent, and it made Sokka a little nervous. 

Maybe he shouldn't have tested things out? While having Luck was good, relying on it too much would become a crutch. Though it wasn't like he had any other choice.

"You are right," the old man sighed. He had observed Sokka for quite a while. But not even once he had seen anything bad, or even suspicious about the young man. He was good enough for the Evil Lady to take an interest in. She mostly killed off kind warriors who were non-benders.