Chapter 26

If you want to support me. Chapters in advance in Patreòn
Pa treon.com/HolyJoker
(20+ chapters in advance)
______

***
Sokka looked towards the door and started counting, “Three, two,” with each number the knife started digging more and more into the warden’s neck. “On-”

“You bastards!! Open the door!” yelled out the warden, and the exit to where the earthbenders were kept opened, Sokka hit the warden with the but of his knock on the back of his head and blacked the man out as his head swished to forward and his face planted into the ground.

‘Did I hit him too hard?’ - wondered Sokka. ‘Well, it doesn't matter either way if that guy dies or not.’

With that in mind, he raised his bloody knife to the air and yelled. “Men!! Let’s take destiny into our own hands today!”

The roar was like that of a merciless beast, and the earthbenders charged, stomping on the downed warden. What no one else seemed to notice was that due to the stampede, the warden was squashed to death and had met a brutal end. Sokka noticed this but didn’t say anything. 

Instead, he was using his [Sense Danger] skill to dodge fireballs and catch arrows mid-air as he led the charge against the prison. The Fire Nation soldiers were fighting hard, with their leader already down, they were disheartened. After all, even if they somehow won, what were they going to do? 

No one knew anything, and Sokka took advantage of the confusion mercilessly, throwing his knife at a soldier with a spear and picking up his weapon. As soon as he had a weapon at hand, he jumped up and amid battle and due to the son obstructing their view, no one noticed his weapon changing. Even those who did, would at worst think that their eyes were playing tricks on them. 

He had equipped the spear <Sky Piercer> which increased his stats by 50 Strength and 40 Agility. Essentially, with this boat, he became an unbeatable monster on the battlefield. He mercilessly cut up Fire Nation soldiers without mercy. 

Unlike how many people might contemplate killing others and how it was wrong. Sokka didn’t care. They were endangering his life, he wasn’t foolish enough to go easy on an enemy who was ready for all intents and purposes to kill him. 

Suddenly, a squad of firebenders formed and shot an array of fire at Sokka, who swung his spear, creating a swish of wind that pushed the fire upward. Then with a step that made his foot dent the metal floor below him, Sokka entered a spearmanship stance and the atmosphere around him turned into that of a deadly martial beast. 

By now, every Fire Nation soldier had one thought in mind.

‘We can not beat him!!!’

That was the daunting reality that dawned on them, and that was when a sense of utter despair surrounded their hearts. The soldiers and guards didn’t want to die, they too had families and children, wives, parents, and siblings waiting for them.

No one wanted to die.

The single thought of survival and sense of pure despair made the Fire Nation soldiers see no way of winning this fight. 

Maybe if they had continued fighting, they would have had a chance to defeat Sokka as they were in familiar territory while he wasn’t. But in their minds, the battle was already over, there was nothing to fight against as the pig couldn't war against a butcher.

When Sokka saw this, he at first contemplated going and killing all of the people here. It would send a message and uproot anyone who dared to fight against him. But in the end, he decided against it as doing that would only bring trouble and that would also add some tension in the group.