Chapter 44

A/N: Chapters in advance in Patreòn
Pa treon.com/HolyJoker
(20+ chapters in advance)
______

***
Namean Lion, a spirit who stood at the peak of power, physically. His skin was so tough that it's said that he was never injured. This kind of monster could take on armies, after all, it wasn't like any weapon or attack could injure it.

Such a monstrous creature charged at me.

I would be lying to myself if I said that fear wasn't crawling in my heart. But being afraid wasn't a bad thing, it would help me not become overconfident.

So, with a scared, but calm mind, I turned the water inside his body into ice. But once again, the monstrous beast only stumbled for a bit but didn't stop his leaps. 

What a damn monster.

I drew all of the moisture from the plants around me, turning the luscious green mountain into a barren, dark land of death.  

Water encircled me into a rotating ring, and it was a little hard, but with the increase in agility due to holding the spear with my teeth, Zoro style. I was able to move faster, and the area around me was turned into hard, slippery ice. Since I was atop a steep mountain, the Namean Lion would have to try and climb ice on a downward surface.

*Crack!*

As his feet landed on the ice, he broke through as his claws sang on the hardened water. But even with all of the power behind it, the lion started slipping, unable to get a good footing.

This was the advantage of having terrain superiority. Being in an icy land with water all around me, now the Namean Lion was in my zone.

The creature took a deep breath, and I immediately hit the Chi Points in my ears. The pain was horrendous and a ringing sound rang out. Blood came out of my ears, but I at least couldn't hear anything temporarily as the ice around the lion broke apart.

He had just roared, and that's what I had been on the lookout for. That dangerous roar would have probably paralyzed my body, or done something like that. Because its power was outrageous. 

While I still took some damage from it, this was nothing as at the same time I also used my waterbending to attack his lungs, which were vulnerable during the roar.

Truly, I was still suspicious of how much damage the lion had taken. Were my attacks even doing anything? It felt like that beast was some invincible monster. 

But those thoughts of mine were settled down once I saw the lion's legs trembling. I breathed an internal sigh of relief because due to my HP being so low, I planned on retreating. But it seemed like staying a little longer here would be more beneficial, still, the situation wasn't in my favor yet. So as soon as I see something dangerous, I will have to run. 

Or else this place could turn into my graveyard.

Lifting my hand, the water around me rose, following my commands. Within a split second, it encircled the lion spirit and it kept rotating around him.

Namean opened his jaw as if to say something, but no sound came out. His lungs have been frozen over and over again, it's honestly baffling just how the hell was this thing still alive. It essentially hadn't been breathing the whole battle.

Now, it was just a waiting game. My bleeding effect has stopped, and I had over 18% of my HP left. 

Suddenly my ears cleared up as the [Chi Blocking] I had done on them cleared out. The elephant-sized lion growled at me and took another step, and that was when I got an idea.