Chapter 41

Chapters in advance in Patreòn
Pa treon.com/HolyJoker
(20+ chapters in advance)
***********

***
Katara looked at the figure in the mist, and she felt something familiar about it. But as the mist around them cleared out, the man wasn't someone she had ever met before.

He has strikingly silver-white hair, red eyes, and an emotionless face. The demeanor of the man seemed like that of a warrior as he wore clothes that were fit for a warrior and his blue armor showed that he might be from the Northern Water Tribe. 

The man looked at Aang and Katara, his stare was so fierce that it made them nervous. “Did you do this?”

His simple question was all both of them needed to know that he knew they were the ones who had caused the dam to break. Aang looked down in shame. “Yes,” he admitted his mistakes. “We were fooled by someone who we thought might be our friend.”

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity,” said the man emotionlessly, but it was clear that he was angry. “Using waterbending to destroy innocent villages. Learn who is your enemy, don’t act out of ignorance without knowing what you are doing.”

Katara’s gaze also fell, knowing that what she had done would have killed hundreds of people if the man hadn’t been here to stop it. She had nothing to say and couldn’t help but think of her brother’s words and what he had said when they told him what they were doing. 

‘Do not be stupid.’ – those were the words he had said.

She had preached that they knew what they were doing, but sadly that isn’t it. The man’s red eyes were terrifying as he looked at them. But the atmosphere was broken when Sokka, breathing heavily appeared. He looked at Aang and Katara, waving at them. “Hey there, are you guys okay?” Neither of them answered, too endorsed in the consequences that their reckless actions could have caused. 

But Sokka glanced at the man with a knowing smile and waved at him too. “Hey~ master Tobirama! So you met my sister that I was talking about.”

Aang was surprised and came out of his stupor. “Sokka, you know him?”

“Yeah, he is Tobirama, a master waterbender that agreed to teach you,”

“Yeah, that’s not happening,” added Tobirama, causing Sokka to look at him with a cringing face like he had swallowed a whole lemon.  But the man was insistent. “I am not going to teach people that are irresponsible enough with their bending that they almost killed an entire village full of innocent people. There were even children in there. What if I wasn't around?"

Sokka winced. "Hey, c'mon, can't you give them another chance?"

"No," the man answered simply and started walking off, a mist surrounded him, which obscured everyone's view, and then he disappeared. Only a puddle was left on the ground.

This caused Sokka to sigh. "Damn it… I went through so much to have that guy even consider teaching you."

"Sorry," Aang apologized. But this caused Sokka to shake his head. 

"No, no, there is no need to apologize. Just make sure that you don't do something like this again. Also, tell me when you are doing things like this. When you said you were helping the Rebel Group, I thought it was just to drive off some Fire Nation soldiers, and not fill a dam."

***
-Sokka POV-

I could see it in their eyes that both Katara and Aang were sorry and apologetic about what they had done. Which was at least a step forward. Also having my Water Clone transform into Tobirama and then have mist around it while I dispelled it, would make him appear more mystifying.