Death Spiral Smackdown

"Prepare yourselves, dingoes! It's time for my annual fitness challenge week! This year, forget about push-ups and sit-ups. It's time for bruises, sprains, and freak accidents! I present the Death Spiral Smackdown!" Perry said.

She clicked a button on a remote she was holding, which made the cloth covering the platform, fly off. Smoke came out from the platform making a few students step back, including Adam and Leo.

"Well, say what you will about her, but she knows how to bring the sizzle." Adam said, looking at Leo.

"Why do you call it the Death Spiral? I mean... Doesn't look so scary to me." Leo asked.

"Why don't I have vice principal Cochran demonstrate for you?" Perry said, pulling the vice principal onto the platform. Then she pressed a different button, which made the spiral go faster and faster, eventually making the vice principal fly off and land on some chairs.

Perry laughed as Adam and Leo winced. "It's not broken! Walk it off!" Perry yelled.

"Wait, s-so how does it work?" Adam asked, walking up to Perry.

"You wrestle your opponent as it spins you silly. It'll test your strength, reflexes, and ability to hold your bladder against centrifugal force! Ha ha ha!" Perry laughed.

"What do you think, Leo? Can you handle it?" Gordo, one of Leo's friends, said walking up to him.

"Well, my bladder's strong, but just to be safe, I'm sticking to dark gym shorts." Leo said.

"I myself will be wearing a full-body diaper. In the face of fear, you'll never know where you're gonna leak from." Gordo explained.

"If you have the guts, partner up, and choose carefully. Your survival depends on the decision you make, and there are very few good options! Ha ha ha ha ha!!" Perry said, laughing again.

"Well, Leo, every year we lose the fitness challenge, but this year, we're gonna do it in style." Gordo said and pulled out a cape. "I don't want to brag, but... I totally earned the Sewing Merit badge." Gordo continued.

"Listen, Gordo, I don't want to have a cape. I want to be a winner, so this year, we're going in a different direction." Leo said.

"We are?"

"Yes. But by 'we', I mean not you. I'm going with someone else." Leo explained, handing back the cape.

"Oh. I see. That's okay because most of the school would give their right hand to be my partner." Gordo said. He turned to look at a group of guys, who quickly turned away.

"I'm sorry, Gordo, but with my new partner, I'm gonna win this thing." Leo said, but only to hear a snarky chuckle coming from Perry.

"You're gonna try this again? Last year you threw your back out picking your wedgie! Ha ha ha!" Perry laughed.

"Well, this year's gonna be different because I have a secret weapon." Leo said and stood next Adam.

"Oh, what is it?" Adam asked.

"You." Leo answered.

"Ah, that is a good secret. I didn't even know about it!" Adam exclaimed.

***
"After school today is the big Death Spiral Smackdown. Me and Adam are gonna unleash the fury! You guys gonna come watch?" Leo asked, looking at Bree, Chase and Jodie, who were eating their breakfast.

"We'd love to, but we're gonna go to the mall and check out the escalator. I finally mastered the art of stepping off without tripping." Chase said, making Jodie nod.