Trucked Out

"Alright, Adam. I borrowed Big D's hydrogen-powered golf cart to help practice for your driving test. First step, seat belt." Leo said as he, Jodie and Adam were in the lab that day.

"Okay... focus." Adam said and quickly fastend his seatbelt. "Yes! Zero to buckle in under five seconds." Adam said and high-fived the duo.

"Oh, look, a dummy driving a dummy." Chase said as he entered the lab.

"Ooh, what does this button do?" Adam said as he pressed on a button that made the cart start driving.

"No!" Leo and Jodie yelled as Adam passed by them.

"Aah!" Chase screamed as the cart sped towards him.

"Brake!" Jodie yelled. They heard the brakes screech as Chase continued to scream. Once the cart stopped, the dummy flew out od the cart and landed on Chase, knocking him to the ground.

"Wish all buttons did that." Adam said.

***
"I cannot believe Adam's not back from his driving test. What's taking him so long?" Leo asked as he and the other three superhumans sat around in the living room waitng on Adam.

"Two words: Adam. Test." Bree said.

"Man, if he passes, it's good news for us for everyone on the road." Chase said and chuckled. "Or the sidewalk."

"Well, he has to pass. I need him to drive me to that party on Saturday." Leo said.

"You're really going to that party?" Jodie asked, looking up from her book.

"Yes, yes I am, Jo. And I can't believe you turned it down." Leo said, smacking his best friend with a pillow.

"Yeah, cause it's gonna be lame, and I'd rather spend my time with a book." Jodie answered. The other three looked at her. "What? I'm a bookworm, deal with it." She said and continued reading.

"What party?" Chase asked, looking between the duo.

Leo chuckled. "The one you weren't invited to." Leo said.

"You guys got invited to Caroline Davis' party and I didn't?" Bree said setting her magazine down.

"Neither did I!" Chase said.

"Well, no surprise there. But why were you two invited?" Bree asked.

"Oh, Bree, I'm climbing the social ladder. There are nwow three of four ladies who make eye contact with me in the hallway." Leo said. Bree and Jodie looked at him. "Okay, it's two! But I'm going to the party." Leo continued.

"She invited me, but I told her I was busy." Jodie explained.

"He's home!" Bree said as they heard the door open.

All four stood up expecting to see Adam, but groaned when Tasha walked into the house.

"It's just you." Jodie said as they sat back down.

"Nice to see you, too." Tasha said.

"Sorry, mom. How's it going?" Leo asked his mother.

"Great. I've had the best day. It all started when I went to-" Tasha said, but was interrupted.

"Save it for later, woman! Adam's here!" Leo said and he and the three superhumans ran up to the door, just as Donald walked in.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Mission Creek's newest fully licensed driver!" Donald exclaimed, waitng for Adam to enter, but he didn't. "Adam, that's you." Donald said.

"Oh, right." Adam said and walked into the house. "Woo-hoo, I passed!" Adam exclaimed making the rest of the family cheer.

"He really impressed me. He got a 96 on the test." Donald said.