Back from the Future

"Okay, your mission supplies are packed, the schematics have been uploaded into Chase's chip, and your transport is on the way. Did I forget anything?" Donald asked.

He and all five teens were in the lab that day. Adam, Bree and Chase were dressed in their mission suits.

"No, we'll just guess what the mission is and see how it all plays out." Bree said.

"All right. A particle collider is a three-mile long underground facility where scientists-" Donald started.

"Race subatomic particles at each other at light speed for energy experiments." Chase finished and giggled. "So cool!"

"I know!" Donald said.

"Deedle- deedle- dee!" Both Donald and Chase said, doing a small handshake.

"There is a particle collider in Berkeley that is accelerating out of control, and your mission is to shut it down." Donald said.

"Oh ho! Awesome! I hope one of us knows how to do that." Adam said.

"Okay. We have to act quickly. The scientists that operate the facility- scuuuuuse me-" Donald said, pulling Leo and Jodie away from the computer. "-have already evacuated the control center, and if we don't shut it down in time, it will create a massive black hole that will implode the entire planet." Donald continued.

"Today?!" The two best friends asked.

"No, that's not gonna work. Today is Shelly Evans' birthday, and her mom makes the best cupcakes!" Leo said. They all looked at him. "I'm just sayin'. That woman doesn't skimp on the sprinkles."

"And I'm having a movie marathon. I've been planning this for days! I can't miss it!" Jodie said.

"Don't worry, guys. Leo, you will get your cupcakes and Jo, you will have your marathon. Adam, Bree and Chase have all the training they need to shut the collider down." Donald said.

"I don't know, Big D. I think these huys are gonna need some...♫ back-up! ♫" Leo said, Jodie joining in for the last part, and they both did a pose.

"Yeah, and that's why you two are gonne be ♫ back-up! ♫ here in the lab with me." Donald said, quickly shutting their idea down.

"Oh, they said 'backup' and you said 'backup'. Saying things twice makes it funny! Oh! Saying things twice makes it fun-" Adam said.

"Stop it!" Donald said.

Just then, a sphere of light appeared from the ceiling and landed on the ground in front of them.

"No, no, no!!! Aaaah!" They heard people scream.

"Aaaah!" The group of six screamed as they saw a man and a woman appear. Adam jumped into Chase's arms, Bree hid behind the table, and Jodie pulled up a force field to protect herself, Leo and Donald.

"Nobody panic! Probably just the cable guys." Donald said to the five teens, who were calming down.

"Come on, Big D, we just came from seven years in the future." The man said.

"It worked! Your time machine actually worked!" The woman said.

They all looked at the two people standing in front of them.

"It's us! Leo and Jo!" The duo said.

Leo and Jodie looked at each other, before looking at the other versions of themselves. Donald turned to look at the Leo and Jodie standing next to him.

"Whoa! The cable guys have the same names as you two!" Adam exclaimed.

Leo and Jodie walked up to their older versions.