Armed and Dangerous

"Hey! What are you doing?" Douglas asked as he watched Leo lift up the couch to look for something.

"Looking for my phone. Perhaps you haven't heard, I'm bionic now." Leo said.

"Put that down and be-" Douglas said but stopped when Leo let the couch fall to the floor with a thud. "Gentle! Look, I know that the bionic arm is fun, but you can't just use it whenever you want." Douglas continued.

"Oh, but it's okay when you need a pickle jar opened?" Leo asked.

"That was an emergency. You can't have a tuna sandwich without a nice kosher dill. Having that arm is a huge responsibilty, which I thought you could handle. We finally got the government on our side. Do you know what would happen if they found out there was a fourth bionic kid?" Douglas said.

"It'd be an even number. I imagine they'd be happy." Leo said.

"Or they would take you away and lock me up. And I can't go back to prison. There was a farewell party, I gave a speech, it'd just be awkward." Douglas explained.

"Okay, I get it. I'll only use my arm when it's absolute necessary." Leo said.

"Good."

A fly then buzzed around Leo. He tried to swat it away, but accidentally activated his laser sphere, which fired and broke the rock that was in the living room. "You know, technically that was the fly's fault." Leo said.

***
"Students of Mission Creek, please welcome your bionic and non-bionic superhumans!" Graham said as the four walked into the school. They were immediately met with praises and camera flashes.

"And out trusty little mascot, Chase." Adam said.

"Now that I'm in charge of the bionic team and the superhuman, I'm gonna be taking them to a whole new level. Believe me, you're going to be seeing a lot more of us." Graham said, speaking to the cameras.

"Wow, this is amazing. It's like we're celebrities." Chase said.

"We are. And this is just the beginning." Graham said and walked away.

"I can't believe that people are so shallow, they only like us because we're bionic. This is awesome!" Bree said and turned to talk to students.

"You okay?" Chase asked quietly, when he felt Jodie hold onto his hand a bit tighter.

"Yeah. Just don't really like the attention. I've kept this secret for so long, it's just weird. I'll see ya later." Jodie said and gave Chase small kiss on the cheek before teleporting away, leaving some students amazed.

"There you go. One forehead autograph for Pam." Adam said as he finished signing a Pam's forehead. Pam then turned around with her name written across her forehead, receiving a weird look from Leo as she walked by him.

"Hey, Janelle." Leo said, walking up to her.

"Hi, Leo. Oh, hey, Adam! Can you help me with my science fair project?" Janelle asked, walking up to the bionic boy.

"Probably not, but I'll give it a shot." Adam said.

"My project is about you." Janelle said.

"Him? Why him?" Leo asked, gesturing to Adam.

"Because his bionics are the most impressive." Janelle said, then truned back to Adam. "Can you tell me how they work?" Janelle asked.

"Uh, yeah, I have a bionic chip in the back of my neck that lets me do stuff, uh, bionically." Adam explained.

"I was kinda hoping for a more detailed explanation." Janelle said.

"I was, too. You know, I'm more of a visual explainer, so maybe we can meet up after school and I can use my eyes to blow stuff up." Adam suggested.