Missin' the Mission

"Great work. Flawless execution. Now that is how you lead a mission." Donald said as he and the three bionic teens walked into the lab, cheering.

"Why, thank you." Chase said.

"I was talking about me. But every Olympic podium needs a bronze and a silver, so." Donald said.

"Whoo-hoo! I medaled!" Adam cheered and accidentally sent Donald flying across the room.

"Whoa! Ugh." Donald groaned as he landed on the floor.

"Don't look at us. You're the one that gave super strength to a box of rocks." Bree said.

At that moment, Leo and Jodie walked into the lab, stepping over Donald. "Hey, guys. How'd the mission go?" They both asked as they walked towards the bionic trio.

"Great. We fixed the Pentagon's communication satellite and returned it to orbit." Bree said.

"I even rigged it so we get every TV channel in the world! Who wants to watch Guatemalan drag racing?!" Chase said as he wrapped his arms around Jodie.

"Did our suggestions come in handy on the mission?" Jodie asked, looking up at Chase.

"What suggestions?" Chase asked, looking at her.

"We did a ton of strategic research and gave it to Big D." Leo explained and walked over to Donald who was now at the computer.

"Oh, right. I'm sorry, guys. I didn't have time to use it." Donald lied.

"Yes, you did. You spilled your coffee and used their research to mop it up." Adam said as he and the other three superhumans walked up to them.

"You used our suggestions as a sponge?" Leo asked.

"More like a paper towel. But it was very absorbent. Why don't you guys go clear out the rest of your gear." Donald said, the last part to the bionic trio.

Chase placed a small kiss on Jodie's cheek, who smiled, then he followed after Adam and Bree.

"We need to talk." Jodie started.

"We're done being the water boys. We wanna be part of the team." Leo continued.

"Guys, I told you, you can't be part of the team. Leo, you're not bionic, and Jo, you still need proper training. And besides, statistics show that most accidents happen withing a three-mile radius of you two." Donald said and walked away from the duo.

"Can you give me the proper training, then?" Jodie asked as her and Leo followed Donald.

"But I've grown. I've matured. I wear medium now. Look, I know we can't go on missions, but we can help you in other ways." Leo said.

"But you keep ignoring us!" Jodie said.

"Hmm?" Donald hummed, making the duo roll their eyes. "I'm sorry. You know what? Maybe there is a way you can help out around here." Donald said, looking at Leo. Then he turned to Jodie. "And you can start training now."

"Finally. Thank you." Leo and Jodie said together.

"Here." Donald said and ploped a giant stack of papers on the console in front of Leo. "You can type up the mission summary reports." Donald said. Then he turned on an invention the started firing lasers at Jodie, who quickly jumped out of the way.

"You want me to be your secretary?" Leo asked as his best friend continued dodging the lasers.

"No. Secretaries get paid. You'd be doing this for free. And Jo, those get faster." Donald said and walked out of the lab.