Scramble the Orbs

"Hey, Adam. Attack me." Leo said as Adam and Jodie walked into the lab.

"Oh, no, no, no. I know how this works. First, you tell me to attack you, I say 'no' and then you taunt me till I snap. It's not gonna happen." Adam said.

"Don't you want me to attack you?" Jodie asked.

"Just stand here and watch." Leo said and threw a water bottle at Adam's chest.

"Oh, it's on, little man!" Adam yelled. He tried to attack Leo, but two floating orbs appeared behind the duo and fired a laser at Adam. "Oh, no! The Christmas ornaments are turning against us!" Adam said.

"Nope, you just got pulse-waved by my latest invention, Attack Orbs." Leo said.

"Wow!" Jodie said, looking at the orbs in amazement.

"Huh?" Adam asked.

"When they perceive a threat within five feet of us, they attack. They're mobile robotic bodyguards." Leo explained.

"Um, impressive. But have you ever thought about just lifting weights or working out?" Adam asked.

"I designed them to protect you guys from Douglas and Krane. If I'm going to be a true inventor, I have to start making things without Big D. And if I prove myself, maybe he'll eventually let me be his business partner." Leo explained.

"Right, cause every billionaire needs an incompetent relative who brings nothing to the table." Eddy said, appearing on the screen.

"Speaking of..." Adam trailed off as Chase walked into the lab.

"Hey, guys." Chase said.

"Chase, why are you attacking Leo and Jo?" Adam asked.

"What?" Chase said confused as Adam pushed him towards the duo. The attack orbs reappeared.

"Aah!" Chase yelled as the attack orbs shot at Chase, making him fall to the floor.

"Awesome!" Adam beamed and high-fived Leo, which made the attack orbs fire at him as well. "Do it again!" Adam exclaimed.

***
"Well, if it isn't my employee of the week and me weak employee." Scott laughed as he walked up to Bree and Chase, who were at a counter.

"Good one, Scott. It's funny because she's bad at her job. Ha!" Chase laughed.

"Yeah, well, I mean, I'd be better at it but I have things that get in the way like friends and a life." Bree said.

"Listen up, guys. It's time for Tech Town's annual design-your-own-app contest!" Scott announced.

"Does the fun ever end around here?" Bree asked sarcastically.

"Yeah, usually when you show up." Scott said ad laughed. But stopped when Chase tried to copy his laugh. "Don't do my laugh. All entrants have 24 hours to upload their app to our website. Whoever has the most downloads by Friday wins a $500 gift card. And apply yourselves this year, I am so sick of winning." Scott said.

"Don't you worry, Scott. I'm definitely going to app-ply myself!" Chase said.

"Uh, no more tech puns. A lady complained to corporate." Scott said.

Bree chuckled. "That was me." Bree said.

"Chase, no offense, but you're clearly out of your league. You're never gonna outshine the master." Scott said.

"The master? You clearly have no idea who you're dealing with." Chase said.

"Ah, how could you turn on me like this? I was your idol." Scott said, sounding a bit hurt.