Forbidden Hero

"Easy, easy, easy." Adam said as he and the other four entered the common area after coming back from a mission. Bree and Chase were supporting Leo and Jodie, who had gotten hurt.

"You know, this would be a lot easier without you saying 'easy' every two seconds." Chase said to his older brother.

"Sorry. Careful, careful, careful." Adam said.

"Yeah, that's real helpful, bud." Jodie said sarcastically, hearing Chase lightly snicker from beside her.

"Uh-oh. Did Leo blow chunks on the hydraloop again?" Bob asked as he and a group of students walked into the common area.

"No. We were on a mission, Jo hurt her side and I hurt my ankle." Leo explained as he and Jodie were sat down on a bench.

"And then he blew chunks on the hydraloop again." Bree said.

"You know the drill, Bob." Adam said to the young boy.

"Puke patrol. I'll grab the mop." Bob said and walked away.

"I've taught him well." Adam smiled.

"We were evacuating a steel mill when the roof collapsed." Chase explained.

"We were pinned down and Leo and Jo had to jump over an industrial grinder to save us." Bree said.

"Come on, guys. Let's get you to the infirmary and get you two checked out." Chase said, helping Jodie up.

"Would you quit fussing? We're grown people. I don't need you to baby us." Leo said, waving the bionic trio off.

"Baby me, please." Jodie said extremely quiet, to the point where only Chase could hear her. He only smiled before wrapping his arms around her carefully, kissing her temple.

Just then Tasha walked into the common area, coming out of the training area. "Mommy!" Leo exclaimed, immediately clinging to his mother.

"Oh, I came as soon as you texted me." Tasha said, looking between her children.

"I'm not gonna lie. These are grade-A boo-boos." Leo said, as Jodie nodded. She winced as her magic started to heal her.

"We better get you two to your rooms. Where are your rooms?" Tasha asked.

"Oh, the other side of the island." Chase said.

"Still can't believe you guys got your own island. For Valentine's Day, all I got was a lousy t-shirt that said 'I married Donald'." Tasha said to the group of five.

"Wait, you guys are married? I just thought you came over a lot." Adam said.

***
In the mentor's quarters, Leo and Jodie were sitting on the couch, Leo having his ankle propped up on a pillow while Jodie's magic continued to heal her.

"Thank you, mom. You always make the best smoothies." Jodie said as she stood up.

"But something's missing." Leo said.

Tasha then handed the duo some tiny umbrellas. "Here you go." Tasha said.

"Perfect. You know, the umbrella shouldn't affect the taste, but it just does." Leo said.

"I'm gonna go check on the pool temperature. I warmed it up so you could soak your ankle." Tasha said to Leo.

"You know, if you wanna throw a few bubbles in there, I would not be opposed." Leo said.

Tasha nodded, then looked over at Jodie. "Jo, are you sure you don't need anything, sweetheart?" She asked.

"Thanks, mom, but I'm okay. I should be done healing in a bit." Jodie smiled. Tasha nodded just as the bionic trio walked into the room.