Spike Fright

"You double-crossed me for the last time, Flo! First, I catch you smuggling fish sticks in your panty hose and then you think you can walk all over me just because you look debonair in a hairnet?" Perry said. Flo then smacked a pile of mashed potatoes onto Bree's plate, who then pulled out a massive hair.

"Wow, hm, well, I guess the hair net's just for show. Yew!" Bree said as she threw the hair away and made her way to the table where the other four were sitting. "Okay, heads up, stay away from Principal Perry." Bree said, sitting down.

"Trust me, that's the first thing I tell myself every morning when I wake up." Leo said.

"Same. Then I tell myself to stay awake for the rest of the day." Jodie said.

"Really? The first thing I tell myself is shaving cream only looks like food." Adam said.

Over by the lunch line, Perry popped up next to Flo. "What's the matter, Flo, nervous? You should be! One more mess-up and I will take you out!" Perry exclaimed, then looked at Leo, who was watching. "What are you looking at?"

"You keep asking me that question and I'm still not sure I can give you an honest answer." Leo said.

"Mind your own business! If I wanted to be stared at all day, I'd still be a catalog model for Burt's Chainsaws." Perry said and walked away.

Jodie looked up from her food and noticed Adam was making faces while looking across the room. "Ads, why do you keep making faces as if you were taking selfies?" Jodie asked.

"Cause that girl Sabrina has been checking me out." Adam said. He then watched as Sabrina got up from her table and made her way to the group of five's table. "Ooh, here she comes." Adam said and also stood up. "Hey, Sabrina. I couldn't help but notice you staring at me from across the room." Adam said.

"Actually, I was looking at Chase." Sabrina said.

"Oh, a sense of humor, I like it! So-" Adam said, but stopped when Sabrina turned to look at Chase.

"Chase, I wanted to talk to you about our chemistry project." Sabrina said.

"Sure, I'll do it for you. Just give me your email and I'll send it to you when I'm done." Chase said.

"No, I want to do the project with you." Sabrina said, making Chase spit out his drink in shock. "I need a partner and I was hoping you'd team up with me." Sabrina said.

Adam, Bree, Leo and Jodie looked at Chase stunned.

"Uh..." Chase trailed off, not knowing what to say.

"Chase, this is when you speak." Bree said, looking over at her brother.

Chase then stood up. "Um... yeah, yeah that sounds great. Um, meet at my house after school?" Chase asked.

"Perfect." Sabrina smiled and walked back to her table.

"Wow, that was awesome! No one's ever asked me to partner with them before. Especially a girl!" Chase said excited. He then grabbed his tray and walked away from the table.

"Wow.." Jodie mumbled, playing with her food.

Adam then looked at the remaining three before he poured ice cubes down his shirt. "Aaaah!"

"What'd you do that for?" Leo asked.

"I'm trying to wake myself up. If a girl likes Chase over me, this has to be a nightmare." Adam explained.

"I'll see you guys later." Jodie said, picking up her tray and leaving the table as well.

***
After school, Jodie was by the stairs, looking at Chase and Sabrina when Adam walked up to her.