Goodbye

Aaah! My ears have become red as tomato because of you, said Gauri rubbing her ears. That's what you get for calling me idiot. Because an idiot is an idiot muttered Gauri. You!! Madhav again stretched his hands to prick Gauri's ears but was too late as she escaped easily and ran towards the door at the same time the door opened revealing the same young Doctor who came to check upon Madhav earlier. As the doctor suddenly came Gauri was little startled and was about to fall but was saved by the Doctor as he grabbed her in his embrace at the right moment, where Madhav was watching everything happen in front of him with his mouth wide open, but was brought out of his trance when he saw Gauri in the Doctor's embrace. The sight in front of him was giving an unexplainable and unsettling feeling inside him. Was he jealous or overprotective of her, he couldn't pinpoint. Even when he saw Parvati with Dev many times in compromising positions and situations he was agitated and angry. But this sight was different, it was as if something was burning inside him and he couldn't just mutely sit and watch. So without thinking about his injured and fractured limbs and legs he tried to get up. WHAT IS GOING ON!! AAAH!! Mr. Madhav! Madhav ji both the Doctor and Gauri came beside him in an instant upon seeing him trying to get up.
Mr.Madhav you aren't allowed to move on your own. What are you doing here, I think you were done with checking me said Madhav gritting his teeth. Oh! About that, is this your sister asked the Doctor pointing Gauri. Yes!/No!
Yes?No? I don't understand! The Doctor chuckled seeing their reactions. Yes, he says I'm his little sister Gauri said animatedly. No! We aren't blood related though, Madhav clarified immediately. Oh! So you came here alone? Any elders? Yes actually my baba is there- Gauri!! Madhav warned by holding her hand. What? Why are you answering his every questions, without asking why is he asking about you and your family? You know a girl should be always reserved, she shouldn't tell all her details randomly to anyone started Madhav his lecture upon which Gauri tried to cover her ears and started saying blah!blah! inorder to stop him. You! Brat! Here I am giving you an important advice you are ignoring and making fun of me said Madhav by playfully smacking Gauri's head. Aaah!! Madhav ji!! whined Gauri.
Hmm..hmmm...you both look more like a couple to me, than a brother and sister said the Doctor gaining their attention.
I don't like to butter things up, I am a straightforward man, so I'll just say it directly. Actually I like you and is interested for an alliance. You are exactly my ideal type. And that's why I was asking about your elders so that I can directly ask them for your hand. Don't you think you are going tooo fast and forward doctor? said Madhav as Gauri was standing like a statue with mouth agape not knowing what to do. But minutes ago you were refusing to be her brother smirked Doctor, or do you actually like her more than sister which makes you confused about your role in her life whispered Doctor near Madhav ears so that Gauri wouldn't hear the last part. You!! Madhav grabbed Doctors coat fully mad. Madhav ji!! Leave him!! What are you doing? Mr. Madhav you should calm down said the doctor by removing Madhav's hard fists from his coat. And I'm already aged enough to get married. On top of that, I am not being unprofessional, after addressing all my professional duties I came here in my break to be specific my "personal time" to talk about my personal things. Ok? All clear now Mr. Brother? mocked Doctor. By the way you are Ms? Gauri! Oh! Gauri? That's a sweet name, I'm Dr.Arjun Deshmukh. Can I have your number? Uh..No! Madhav Ji- Gauri YOU. ARE. NOT. GIVING. HIM. YOUR. NUMBER. and that's final!! You said you'll talk with her parents right? First proceed with that, we'll think about number after that exclaimed Madhav. Ok as your wish! shrugged Arjun. It's time for my rounds, here this is my number Arjun said forwarding his business card, I think I can atleast do this eyeing Madhav. I'll talk with your father later ok. Bye sweety winked Arjun and went.

He is such a player!! Madhav ji what's your problem huh? You know, you are like the dog in the manger. Dog? WHAT? DID YOU JUST CALLED ME A DOG? Huh!! Look the audacity of this girl, the same girl who used to cling to me whole day saying Madhav ji! Madhav ji! just called me a dog after seeing a Player!! Done with your drama? I didn't called you a dog, I was comparing you with the dog in the story of "the dog in the manger". Both means the same muttered Madhav. Are you jealous or something? Cause the way I see things this isn't overprotective ness. And neither you are loving me and nor allowing me to move on. Every time I find someone you will find one or the other reasons and compel me to back-off. And Madhav ji , we are aging day by day not vice-versa. And I very well know that my parents are concerned about me, about my marriage and all. And do you know what, everyone besides you know that I have feelings for you, that I love you, that's why they aren't forcing me let alone asking me about marriage. Cause they don't want history to repeat, they don't want another Parvati. But I think it's high time that I should move on from you. And for my parents sake, for my family's happiness I should marry now. And this time I won't hold back for you Madhav ji. This time I won't said Gauri with teary eyes finally letting go her love and burying her feelings for him. And as you asked earlier why I came? I came cause I was worried about you and to tell you all this, as this will be my last time seeing you. So goodbye and take care of yourself. And marry a woman who you love as much as she loves you, you might be thinking why I didn't say you to marry my Jiji, cause I know her...she will never reciprocate your love cause she still loves him...Bye

I too know that Gauri, that Parvati will never love me, but what I don't understand is why I'm feeling restless when you said you are giving up on me..Why? thought Madhav.

To be continued..