Grihapravesh( welcoming the new bride)

Once inside the Jet everyone took their respective seats. Parvati was little hesitant as for her everything was new, new people,new place and all. Anjana and Priyanka noticed this, Bhabhi why are you standing there? Come sit with my Bhai , here is your place come said Priyanka. On hearing this Parvati smiled and nodded and she looked towards Dev who was glaring her,on seeing this Parvati felt uneasy she felt that something is wrong with her husband. Seeing her uneasiness Anjana said why are hesitating dear come here,she pulled her by her hand and made her sit near Dev. Dev was very angry but he can't do any thing,so he put up with the act and forcefully smiled towards everyone. Seeing Dev smile Parvati eased a bit and sat quietly beside, whereas dev again ignored her and became busy with his phone. A hundreds of thoughts was going through Parvati's minds, but she kept all that aside and started to enjoy the view from the plane.
After sometimes Dev felt a weight on his shoulder,on checking he saw that Parvati has fallen asleep , and in her sleep she leaned on his shoulders. Only if my family members was not here,she would have beared the consequences of doing this thought Dev and tried to push her but when he saw his Grandma and sisters watching him,he acted as if caressing her face to which Priyanka and Anjana made fun of him saying Ooh..my dear Arrogant Brother was so romantic Priyanka I never knew that. Me too Anjana di said Priyanka and both started laughing.
After 2 to 3 hours they finally landed in Sitalagarh and the Singh's Palace was all set for the welcome ceremony as well as Grihapravesh (a ritual in India where they welcome newlywed bride in her In-laws) of their Prince and Princess.
Parvati and Dev both were standing at the corridor of their palace and Dev's mother Vrinda was performing Aarti of the newly-weds. After Aarti she applied Tilak on both of their foreheads and asked Parvati to gently Kick the vase filled with rice and she followed. After that before her they placed a plate full of vermillion paste and said to stand on it and walk inside their palace to their pooja room (worshipping room) with a lamp in her hand with Dev behind her. When she stepped in suddenly rose petals falls on both Dev and Parvati, and Parvati was very happy seeing whereas as Dev angrily glared at his sister's well knowing that they are behind this. Parvati with the lamp in her hand finally reached their pooja room and when she was about to place the lamp it accidentally fell from her hand but she didn't let it fall because she knew it meant a bad omen, instead she catched it in her hand. Seeing this all her family members was shocked and Vrinda immediately took the burning diya from her hand and placed it in its place. On seeing this Shusmita Devi said, look as I said she will bring only happiness and fortune for us though she has to suffer hardship herself and caressed Parvati.
Parvati was really upset that on her first day only she did a mistake but her sister-in-law's pacified her and applied medicine on her palm.