Proposal

Why?? Dev whispered audibly who now gained his consciousness as he was sedated due to panic attack he had earlier after hearing Parvati's revelation about fighting for their love, for not giving up, for deciding to open a new chapter in their life. Huh? Why are you giving me a second chance? I don't deserve you... accused Dev unbelievably.
I-Dev ji... Parvati called calmly holding his bigger cold hands into her small warm hand, thus transferring warmth as well as pure love to his parched, scarred heart. "No human is perfect! Every one at one time makes mistakes, but then again we survive...sighed Parvati. We live on, we move on and again learn to love or fall in love because that's why we are humans. Love is what makes us different from all other living beings in this earth. And about second chance? Every one deserves a second chance! People live with each other not because they forget, the truth is they can't forget, but we can FORGIVE!! And I am doing this more over for myself. Cause don't you think I deserved to be loved. I didn't deserved any of the punishments or hate which you gave me. Then also I endured it. Then when the time comes, where I will be getting the love and care which is always craved, why are you denying when you are the only one in the world capable of giving it to me...cried Parvati. I-I tried...I tried very hard to hate you, to move on from you, to love someone else... but-but this heart only beats for you. I can't help it, your name is engraved here forever!! sobbed Parvati pointing her heart.

Parvati...can you please call our parents here asked Dev confusing Parvati. Huh? asked a confused and overwhelmed Parvati. Call. Our. Parents. Here. Dev spelled each word as if explaining a child, also at the same time wiping the tears of Parvati silently promising to himself to never-ever make her cry again. Oh-Ohk! Parvati replied shortly and went to call their family as instructed by Dev.

Dev! Beta!! there was a rush of ashamed, guilty and worried sick elderly people in Dev's ward, which was none other than Vrinda, Shrinkhal and Adwait. My son!! are you ok? Do you feel any pain? My baby!! I'm sorry... I'm sorry cried Vrinda hugging Dev tightly to her chest being careful of his wounds. Ma!! I'm not a baby anymore!! huffed Dev which amused Parvati as she has never seen his childish side. Poor thing always used to face a rude or devil Dev. No matter how much old you become you will be always my baby. My son! exclaimed Vrinda showering kisses on her son's face, at the same time pacifying and relieving her scared heart that her child, her son is alright and alive!. Don't you dare pull this stunt again!!! When next time such circumstances comes, man up and face it. This is how Adwait has raised his son stated Adwait blankly who was now standing by the door of the room. Watching his family, his beloved son from afar...And there shouldn't be a next time either!!! he continued. And if anything is there which you can't handle come to us .. that's why we are a family. That's why parents are for...said Adwait with unshed tears in his eyes and engulfed Dev in warm fatherly hug, which he failed to give him, when Dev needed it the most. Never do that again, never leave us...chocked Adwait cupping Dev's face lovingly and kissing his forehead. I will always love you and I'm sorry for not handling everything properly, finished Adwait feeling extremely guilty.

Father!! You shouldn't ask forgiveness, it is I should ask forgiveness of you all, especially of Parvati for everything I did. And Father Shrinkhal I don't know how to face you, and how to let you know that how much I regret my each and every deeds. But I am really sorry and it's okay even if you will not forgive me in this lifetime as I have hurted someone dear and precious to you. And lastly please forgive me Mother and Father for tainting your upbringing, for not being an ideal son..begged Dev. Dev Beta! I forgave you way  back only, when I finally understood that only you can heal my Pari... only you can bring her broken pieces back and complete her answered Shrinkhal caressing Parvati's head. So no need to ask forgiveness. But promise me two things, never let things escalate this much leading to such situations. And never-ever hurt my princess again. Promise me that from now onwards you will take care of her, love her truly said Shrinkhal forwarding his hand. Yes, Father Shrinkhal! I promise to never let her go..to love and protect her till the my last breath promised Dev with determination in his eyes and clutching Shrinkhal's outstretched hand firmly there by sealing their promise, which was followed by receiving a tight hug from Shrinkhal as well.  I know I am being selfish but I don't want to avoid or postpone it any further. So...So? chorused everyone. I want to marry Parvati again.
Pindrop silence!!! no one knew what to answer, or how to answer half of them were still processing the request put forward by Dev. You want to what?? asked shocked Madhav who was accompanied by Dr. Arjun in a wheelchair as he too wanted to meet Dev. I want to marry Parvati again with all of your blessings. I want to start a new chapter of our life, without being forced by anything or anyone. Just out of pure love and respect for each other I want to marry her. Please let me marry my Pari Father Shrinkhal...Dev requested by joining his both hands genuinely. Upon hearing this Shrinkhal turned his focus on his beloved daughter. You sure? he asked her calmly. Yes Father Parvati nodded shyly and happily with unbelievable trust and belief in her decision and Dev. Shrinkhal was feeling contended after many years, finally seeing a ray of hope, life and happiness twinkling again in his Parvati's doe eyes.
OK... smiled Shrinkhal.
To be continued....